+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LET'S SHARE VISA STATUS!

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied in May but have not got the visa yet. One thing that's concerning me is that my sister is a PR in Canada. I read somewhere that of your siblings are PR or citizens of Canada, then it acts as a drawback for the applicant. Does any one knows about this? Is there anyone in the forum or knows someone who has siblings in Canada and they still gets the student visa.?? Please help me on this. Thanks

Lac

May 27, 2016
Hi everyone,

I applied in May but have not got the visa yet. One thing that's concerning me is that my sister is a PR in Canada. I read somewhere that of your siblings are PR or citizens of Canada, then it acts as a drawback for the applicant. Does any one knows about this? Is there anyone in the forum or knows someone who has siblings in Canada and they still gets the student visa.?? Please help me on this. Thanks

@harmol - This is not true!! My niece and nephew got visa already, I have known friends who siblings also got visa. You or your consultant might required follow up with CIC as you have been applied since long. Seems like, this is overdue now. Good Luck!!!

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
@harmol - This is not true!! My niece and nephew got visa already, I have known friends who siblings also got visa. You or your consultant might required follow up with CIC as you have been applied since long. Seems like, this is overdue now. Good Luck!!!
@Lac .. thank you so much for the reply. Was you nephew or niece a citizen or PR in Canada.?? What I heard from people is that if you have siblings it's PR or Citizen, then the visa officer thinks that you have connections in Canada and you won't come back after study.

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
@Lac .. thank you so much for the reply. Was you nephew or niece a citizen or PR in Canada.?? What I heard from people is that if you have siblings it's PR or Citizen, then the visa officer thinks that you have connections in Canada and you won't come back after study.

Also , that it affects

And that it effects only if you have real brother or sister as PR or citizen. It does not affect I with second cousins or any other other relatives. I am really tensed.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
FAMILY NAME IS NOT WRITTEN AS GIVEN NAME IS INDERJIT SINGH
Do you have the form you have submitted for your study permit application? It is the final form which generates bar codes? If you do copy and paste what you have written in that section. For Canadian visas you need to put something in last name section. People who doesn;t have one usually put their Given name as last name and leave the first name empty not sure how you submitted yours.

INDERJIT114

Jul 20, 2017
Do you have the form you have submitted for your study permit application? It is the final form which generates bar codes? If you do copy and paste what you have written in that section. For Canadian visas you need to put something in last name section. People who doesn;t have one usually put their Given name as last name and leave the first name empty not sure how you submitted yours.
YES I DO HAVE THOSE FORM WITH ME, THERE FULL NAME IS INDERJIT SINGH AND IN FAMILY NAME THEY MARK "NO" OPTION.

Spatel0407

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Application on 12 July vfs Ahmedabad offline.. file sent to Bangalore 13 July .. linked online 25 July ..no updates till date Can anyone tell me that after 1 August they don't take any file so will the decision be out before 25 August?

Goodwinthegr8

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Application on 12 July vfs Ahmedabad offline.. file sent to Bangalore 13 July .. linked online 25 July ..no updates till date Can anyone tell me that after 1 August they don't take any file so will the decision be out before 25 August?
I applied on line on 11th June, so it got received on that day only.
Since then not a single movement in my account It is already almost 8 weeks.
Did my medical upfront on 15th June. Even that is not being reflected anywhere.
Inquired via web form but still no response.

As you said, is there any 'embargo' from 1st of August? How do you get to know?

Expertadvise

Jul 1, 2017
  1. My friend lodged his file on June 20th to vfs jalandhar. File was forwarded to New Delhi immigrant. On July 1st his medical was passes.
    On August 2 by 4 pm his review of eligibility was started and on next day on 3rd august he visa was approved by 3 pm.

And the profile is
    10th 85 percent ICSE
    12th 64 percent CBSE
    BCA 89 percent
    No gab
    Ielts 6.5 overall minimum 6

Dhruv_18

Jul 10, 2017
Visa Approved !!

Offline - 28th June - VFS Ahmedabad, file sent to Bangalore.
Medical Upfront on 15th May
Medical Passed - 13th July & went under review of eligibility since then.
Approved on 4th August.

Thank you.

Vijay.B

Jun 7, 2017
Visa Approved !!

Offline - 28th June - VFS Ahmedabad, file sent to Bangalore.
Medical Upfront on 15th May
Medical Passed - 13th July & went under review of eligibility since then.
Approved on 4th August.

Thank you.
Congrats!! I submitted my application on 4July and medical cleared on 22July. Hopefully I'll get my under review message soon..!