+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LET'S SHARE VISA STATUS!

redlamjm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Everyone getting the same response.. Is it an automated email or what...

Monday it's 4th...! Don't know what to do :(
Buddy I was wondering, since Canada timing is around 9 hours 30mins slower than India. In that case even if you get your Visa on 4th and you leave on 5th. Chances are you'll still be there in Canada on 5th since they have a time zone slower than India. Don't know how much of a difference that would make, but it is a bit of an advantage over having nothing. Correct me if I am wrong

Reactions: Sal_SD

Sal_SD

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Buddy I was wondering, since Canada timing is around 9 hours 30mins slower than India. In that case even if you get your Visa on 4th and you leave on 5th. Chances are you'll still be there in Canada on 5th since they have a time zone slower than India. Don't know how much of a difference that would make, but it is a bit of an advantage over having nothing. Correct me if I am wrong
Yes yes.. That's definitely an advantage.. But even for that.. Gotta get visa on 4th....

Reactions: redlamjm

Harkanwal deep singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

what is 4th point meaning which documents they are reviewing

redlamjm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

what is 4th point meaning which documents they are reviewing
Additional documents I guess might be

Work experience certificates,
Other achievement certificates if any
funding proofs or something related, medicals etc.

redlamjm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
My current status shows this

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help

Anybody having any idea on how long it might take?

Nitya Nivali

Aug 27, 2017
My current status shows this

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help

Anybody having any idea on how long it might take?
Yeah, my status reflects the same as well. I'm worried sick at this point. I applied on the 21st of July from Hyderabad.

redlamjm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Yeah, my status reflects the same as well. I'm worried sick at this point. I applied on the 21st of July from Hyderabad.
You know there are a couple of candidates in this group who applied after 16th at Hyderabad VFS and got sanctioned. Chances are, you will get sanctioned by Monday. Good luck!!

chhavikapur

Sep 1, 2017
Delhi
Even if you were to receive your visa on 4th, there are a few things to consider:
1. Most flights leave for Canada at night and the shortest flight is of 21 hours. So even if you manage to get your study permit, have your luggage packed, book a flight, reach Canada and stand in the immigration queue for hours (which is separate for students) and receive your visa and work permit at the airport, you still won't be able to make it to your morning classes on 5th.

2. Most colleges need confirmation of Study Permit approval at least a week before the course starts. Unless you have an extension, it's quite possible that they might unregister you and give your place to someone else.
(They automatically deferred my course to Winter 2018 because I didn't update them about it.)

And this brings me to this question- If we get our study permit in the coming week and the course is deferred to Winter 18, how much time in advance can you go to Canada? And will you be able to work?