Re: LET'S DREAM! First thing to do in Cheyanada

Ys.bk said:
Someone gives him a Canadian passport already ;D
Yes, please do that! :))

encan

Sep 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wanna make a snowman. Is there snow in Canada?

I also want it not to melt several months...

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
First things first: Get a job, get the PR card, purchase a house and a car, enroll in further studies, sponsor the rest of my family in Pakistan for immigration/supervisa to Canada...

Other things I look forward to doing: CN Tower Edge Walk, Northern Lights, Niagara Falls, hiking in the scenic valleys of British Columbia...

InshAllah :D ;D :) 8)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DamhaSirah said:
First things first: Get a job, get the PR card, purchase a house and a car, enroll in further studies, sponsor the rest of my family in Pakistan for immigration/supervisa to Canada...

Other things I look forward to doing: CN Tower Edge Walk, Northern Lights, Niagara Falls, hiking in the scenic valleys of British Columbia...

But why not include them on your PR now?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Check myself in the hospital and have my baby in Canada so he/she can be a Canadian citizen :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Tocanadawego said:
Check myself in the hospital and have my baby in Canada so he/she can be a Canadian citizen :)
I still can't believe that is a thing... I'm 30 (female) and ready to have kids... Really don't want to raise kids in the UK so hoping to get to Canada and start a family. Not right away, at least 1 year of working and snowboarding first. :p

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
DamhaSirah said:

Thats a typical Pakistani Dream :)
We always have to go back and support our family. One of the key things to consider prior to moving.
I guess you have got ITA. Congrats

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
kryt0n said:
I still can't believe that is a thing... I'm 30 (female) and ready to have kids... Really don't want to raise kids in the UK so hoping to get to Canada and start a family. Not right away, at least 1 year of working and snowboarding first. :p
Yeah, that was my dream one year ago, but after waiting for so long my husband and I decided there is no point in keeping our life on hold any longer. So now we are expecting a baby and although we were hoping to have it in Canada, we're ready to just go along with whatever happens.

Ys.bk

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
Yeah, that was my dream one year ago, but after waiting for so long my husband and I decided there is no point in keeping our life on hold any longer. So now we are expecting a baby and although we were hoping to have it in Canada, we're ready to just go along with whatever happens.
Tocanadawego,

Why your application is taking more than 1 year? Please shsre your story ?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
It seems like I've wasted all these years living in Canada cuz I've never done most of the things mentioned by you guys (except for ordering iced cap...). Should cherish my time better...Who knows if I could stay here forever for the rest of my life or not...

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
The first things that I did were

- Trying to get a Canadian power adapter PIN to get my Indian phone and laptop to get working (I got this in dollar store)
- Get a bike because walking to get groceries and supplies were a killer
- Tried to get a prepaid phone connection.. really the rest of the tasks needed me to call people

Relishing Canada was not on top of my mind before I got supplies nailed down for my family. We did get our first timmies meal at the airport and I got my first double-double one morning in the first few days when I was trying to get a free WIFI to send a mail across.

Now we are 6 months in.. and already ticked off most of the things in thread. Canada is awesome! :)

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Browsed through the entire thread.. it made me happy too. These are the most interesting ideas:

kryt0n said:
Go straight to Alberta or the Rockies. Order poutine. Go driving and looking for bears. Order a double double at Tim Hortons.

I've done these things. It'll be the first thing I do again when I get back there.
Mallikaasharmaa said:
I'd love to see the Northern lights first...
I'm really looking forward to that part :D
rusticdud said:
I will get me a US visitor visa and do a road trip from Vancouver to Prudhoe Bay Alaska
For me it's also Alberta, Alaska and Northarn lights.. but also a game for Toronto Maple Leafs and one for Toronto FC (for Giovinco). Then I'd like a good coffee at Tim Horton's and a good Alice Monroe book in my hands. And last lots of pan cakes with maple syrup.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Nice thread, wish you all the best folks!

Its my third year here and just came across this thread by chance ... i have to say it made me appreciate this country even more!