+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less complex to regular hearing.

Z1986

Jan 20, 2023
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?
Don’t sometimes less complex cases turn into short hearing. It’s quite common and there is nothing to worry about . One of the reasons is if the minister representative would like to hear from you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It was originally determined that you were a less complex case based on general information about your case. After further information was reviewed your case was classified as not less complex and requiring a full hearing. Unfortunately wait times are long so November is what they are booking for at the moment that is why the 10 month wait until your hearing. At least you have a set date which many are still waiting for.

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don’t sometimes less complex cases turn into short hearing. It’s quite common and there is nothing to worry about . One of the reasons is if the minister representative would like to hear from you.
That is different. OPs case was determined to not qualify as less complex after further review. They will need a long hearing. For less complex cases they still usually require a hearing but a shorter hearing but they are still classified under less complex cases.

Z1986

Jan 20, 2023
T
Thank your for the reply.

Z1986

Jan 20, 2023
It was originally determined that you were a less complex case based on general information about your case. After further information was reviewed your case was classified as not less complex and requiring a full hearing. Unfortunately wait times are long so November is what they are booking for at the moment that is why the 10 month wait until your hearing. At least you have a set date which many are still waiting for.
Thanks, so I should prepare my self for approximately 3 hours of hearing, right??

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
I have a similar situation as well,
My case was considered under less complex and a few weeks ago my lawyer sent me a letter stating my dates for a short hearing , does that mean there’s a problem ?