+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less complex refugee case

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi Folks!
I hope everyone is doing well.
I came from Turkey and I did my refugee claim in April 2022. I received letter for less complex case in August and I sent documents before deadline.
Do you guys have any idea how long does it take to get decision? Also people are saying most of cases still going for hearing. I wondering your opinion and experience. Especially who is from Turkey. Thanks a lot!

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
Hi Folks!
I hope everyone is doing well.
I came from Turkey and I did my refugee claim in April 2022. I received letter for less complex case in August and I sent documents before deadline.
Do you guys have any idea how long does it take to get decision? Also people are saying most of cases still going for hearing. I wondering your opinion and experience. Especially who is from Turkey. Thanks a lot!
Still you are waiting?

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
it can take up to 5 months to receive a short hearing, most of the time it's less than 4 months.
but of course it all depends on your documents and proofs and country of persecution, receiving a less complex letter doesn't mean that you won't be having a short hearing, it all depends on your evidences and documents.
I think you'll have a short hearing but it's just my opinion.
short hearing might be for one question only, don't be surprised about it.
good luck
How do we know if we have short or long hearing?Is it written on the letter?

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
at first your lawyer is going to contact you requesting some documents under the less complex case category, after that they will contact your lawyer again if you need a short hearing or not, If not then they will send the decision without a hearing.
a decision without a hearing is mostly positive but it depends on many factors as I have already described before.
If they request a short hearing, it doesn't mean that you have a bad case, but they want to know more of your case, it usually based on some questions like sometimes three questions sometimes only one question.
Thanks for reply
Actually my case was less Complex and submited the documents but court send massage to my lawyer for hearing. I don't know hearing will be short or long?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
it can take up to 5 months to receive a short hearing, most of the time it's less than 4 months.
but of course it all depends on your documents and proofs and country of persecution, receiving a less complex letter doesn't mean that you won't be having a short hearing, it all depends on your evidences and documents.
good luck
Thank you so much your answer. I hope everything goes well. I don't wanna go for hearing because it's stressful and it will take time. I'll let you know if I hear anything from them.

Reactions: rash2022

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
you lawyer should tell you about this more further. but usually it's gonna be a short hearing!

the hearing isn't stressful at all, If your case is true and solid there's nothing to worry about, they will ask one or three questions maximum.
Answer directly don't be dramatic, be straightforward, SMILE don't be sad or whatever, dress good and do your hair if you have any that's a good thing.
Please keep in mind that people at the hearing are very nice and they always smile.
good luck
Thank you for those information . They are really helpful for me. I'll do these

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
good luck
The wait times for less complex cases is closer to a year these days. Even when wait lists were shorter in the past few years it wasn’t uncommon for less complex cases to have hearings in 6-12 months. There were some lucky people who had hearings in 4 months or less but that was still far from the average.