+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less complex claim

Eliane s ch

Sep 16, 2022
Here, I share the timeline of my husband who applied for refugee protection claim in quebec

November 2020: Claim applied
March 2021Claim referred to RPD
September 15 2021: Notice received regaring less complex cases.
November 10 2021: Summited all the documents to RPD

And till now no answers and we are far apart more than 2 years he didnt see his children is it normal for the families to live in this way specially we are in lebanon we live very badly situation
Thanks for your help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here, I share the timeline of my husband who applied for refugee protection claim in quebec

And till now no answers and we are far apart more than 2 years he didnt see his children is it normal for the families to live in this way specially we are in lebanon we live very badly situation
Thanks for your help
Yes it is fairly common due to backlogs and unfortunately it will likely be around another 2 years to get reunified after a hearing if it is positive. Given the exterior sting situation in Lebanon time may have helped your case although purely economic reasons are usually not a reason to get asylum approval. If your husband is working in Canada he can send you money which should be allowing for a better quality of life than if working in Lebanon.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thanks for your help
Once your spouse has the refugee claim accepted then your husband can file for permanent residence and include you and children under 22 in the application. Expect this to take a couple of years once application is submitted. Unfortunately, if you and your children apply for a visitor visas, it will be denied because he claimed asylum. Once his claim is accepted and has proper paperwork, it may be possible for him to travel and meet you in a third country. He can’t return to Lebanon.

Eliane s ch

Sep 16, 2022
Yes it is fairly common due to backlogs and unfortunately it will likely be around another 2 years to get reunified after a hearing if it is positive. Given the exterior sting situation in Lebanon time may have helped your case although purely economic reasons are usually not a reason to get asylum approval. If your husband is working in Canada he can send you money which should be allowing for a better quality of life than if working in Lebanon.
But in usual less complex claim it takes one year for a short hearing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That was before the current backlog. Your spouse arrived right before a huge surge of applicants and before resources were diverted to Afghanistan and Ukraine files. Asylum hearings were also not at full capacity in 2020 and early 2021. Timelines are always in flux depending on the number of applicants.

Eliane s ch

Sep 16, 2022
Correct, but it depends on the backlog. Call IRB to find out, could be may be there is correspondence that you did not receive....
We contact the IRB and they inform us that our claim is no longer less complex claim and we have to wait and till now no answer waiting 2 years and no response is it normal?

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020

Thanks for your help
To what i remember you have 3 weeks deadline to send all supporting documents after you got the file review letter, seems like you sent after about 2 months, you could be out of the file review process cause of your late document submit and that caused delay in claim.

Eliane s ch

Sep 16, 2022
To what i remember you have 3 weeks deadline to send all supporting documents after you got the file review letter, seems like you sent after about 2 months, you could be out of the file review process cause of your late document submit and that caused delay in claim.
Thank you for your replies
Yes but our lawyer send them a letter for the delay since we need to send all the documents and due to our situation it was hard to send it on time

Z1986

Jan 20, 2023
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?
After reading your case it was likely determined that it actually didn’t under the less complex cases. If you lie hearing is scheduled for November that is still good.