+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Length of visit to ask for ?

Latigo

Jun 9, 2016
Just wanted to share a happy story !! I had helped my girlfriend (Philippines )with her application online and I bought the airline tickets for a 5 month visit. Then I found this site and everything I read said not to ask for more than a 3 week visit. I was worried that I would have to cancel her trip and that we would never be granted a visa for that length of stay.
To my pleasant surprise she got the letter to bring in passport for Visa stamp within 2 weeks of application date. ;D

I am wondering if it helps that I had already bought her round trip tickets? or do you think it may be because I am a born Canadian citizen ?

I / we were very honest on the application form and the letter of invitation. I told them I would be responsible for her expense on her stay has she has little money. I gave a list of my assets in my letter to show my financial position. She has never travelled before so no history to show. I was able to show that I had recently visited her in the Philippines and I was able to show from Western Union transfers that I had helped her with finances for over a year. We also included a second letter of invitation from my sister.

I wish you all good luck on your applications

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Latigo said:
Just wanted to share a happy story !! I had helped my girlfriend (Philippines )with her application online and I bought the airline tickets for a 5 month visit. Then I found this site and everything I read said not to ask for more than a 3 week visit. I was worried that I would have to cancel her trip and that we would never be granted a visa for that length of stay.
To my pleasant surprise she got the letter to bring in passport for Visa stamp within 2 weeks of application date. ;D

I am wondering if it helps that I had already bought her round trip tickets? or do you think it may be because I am a born Canadian citizen ?

I / we were very honest on the application form and the letter of invitation. I told them I would be responsible for her expense on her stay has she has little money. I gave a list of my assets in my letter to show my financial position. She has never travelled before so no history to show. I was able to show that I had recently visited her in the Philippines and I was able to show from Western Union transfers that I had helped her with finances for over a year. We also included a second letter of invitation from my sister.

Congratulations! did you apply online?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Latigo said:

It really is just luck. Enjoy your good luck as many others with stronger applications get denied daily.

M

mikeymyke

There's one small thing. He mentioned they asked for her passport, but didn't say that they got the passport back with visa on hand.

Latigo, did you check online to see that it says "Your application has been approved?" Or are you just assuming that because you got passport request then that must mean it's a guaranteed visa? There are times where people actually have gotten refused after passport request, PPR doesn't necessarily mean a visa is granted.

But if you did get one, then wow, that's pretty lucky considering the amount of time you asked for, plus no travel history or finances.

Latigo

Jun 9, 2016
After reading more you guys had me really worried that it might still be refused. I was heart broken to think that after all the excitement that it could still be with held after submission of passport. BUT ;D ;D ;D Here is the latest update. APPROVED
Final decision This application has been approved

damn too excited to figure out how to post picture from CIC site

Latigo

Jun 9, 2016
Thanks to many on this site.

Still on cloud 9. I failed to say THANKS to many on this site that have posted information about this process and for the tips they provide here. I read countless posts on here and am thankful that you all share so much information. Canada is a great place and I hope you all get to experience it with your loved ones soon. My only wish has a born and raised Canuck is that you come here and do not expect us to change this country to fit your beliefs or customs. Come here with an open heart and mind and leave your old world problems behind. If you arrive here for a new start and leave the old issues behind I will be happy to call you a fellow Canadian.

ps.. HAPPY CANADA DAY