+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legally Separated Status | LOE

singsand

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Hi All,

I have filed my status as legally separated in the express entry profile. My status right now is : that the court proceedings (for divorce) are underway and my wife doesn't stay with me from the last 6 months. Below is the definition that I see in the glossary at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5527ETOC.asp :
"Legally Separated:This means that you are married, but no longer living with your spouse."

Since filling as legally separated was the closest approximation I could think of while creating the profile , can anyone help me with a letter of explanation that I can write to CIC to explain this. Should my divorce petition in the honorable court suffice everything?

Thanks is advance!

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hi All,

I have filed my status as legally separated in the express entry profile. My status right now is : that the court proceedings (for divorce) are underway and my wife doesn't stay with me from the last 6 months. Below is the definition that I see in the glossary at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5527ETOC.asp :
"Legally Separated:This means that you are married, but no longer living with your spouse."

Since filling as legally separated was the closest approximation I could think of while creating the profile , can anyone help me with a letter of explanation that I can write to CIC to explain this. Should my divorce petition in the honorable court suffice everything?

Thanks is advance!
IMO, you can explain about the details of your marriage as in when you were married and since when you are living separately along with above mentioned legal status. Also, attach any legal docs you have supporting that you are living separately from particular date under the above link that is given on CIC website.