+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legally Changed my Name: Do I need to change the University Certificate?

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I recently changed my name legally, changed driver's license, SIN, CRA, etc. etc. I have not changed PR Card as it is not mandatory. I graduated from university in Canada with old name. I understand that I can use photocopy of certificate or transcript when I graduated 2 years ago. I assume I can use the ones with old name. I have legal name change certificate and all supporting documents.
In summary
1. Can I use the certificate issued 2 years ago?
2. Can I use the certificate with old name? I have all the supporting documents for before and after legal names

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
AnaMaria said:
I recently changed my name legally, changed driver's license, SIN, CRA, etc. etc. I have not changed PR Card as it is not mandatory. I graduated from university in Canada with old name. I understand that I can use photocopy of certificate or transcript when I graduated 2 years ago. I assume I can use the ones with old name. I have legal name change certificate and all supporting documents.
In summary
2. Can I use the certificate with old name? I have all the supporting documents for before and after legal names
I am in the same situation. I will attach old certificate's copy and my name change certificate to show the name change. I am planning to submit my application soon.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
In summary
Explain everything to CIC with appropriate documents and you should be fine.
Good luck

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with the poster above. My wife was in the same situation but explained in a letter along with a name change certificate. You should be fine.

thanks,

Kenyadian