+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal opinion letter

TX-MTL

Feb 8, 2018
Has anybody submitted a spousal sponsorship application including a legal opinion letter, in an effort to overcome possible “criminal” inadmissibility?

My soon-to-be husband and I have hired a lawyer to help us through the spousal sponsorship process. She did an admissibility analysis, and says she will include her findings with our application. Is this what’s called a legal opinion letter?

Who has experience with this?

Thank you!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Has anybody submitted a spousal sponsorship application including a legal opinion letter, in an effort to overcome possible “criminal” inadmissibility?

My soon-to-be husband and I have hired a lawyer to help us through the spousal sponsorship process. She did an admissibility analysis, and says she will include her findings with our application. Is this what’s called a legal opinion letter?

Who has experience with this?

Thank you!

We did. Helps explain things for the officer working on the file.

However, we were still asked for additional docs

Reactions: TX-MTL

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Would you kindly share your timeline with me? Approximate is fine.

Sent app - March 27

Received - March 29

AOR1 - April 18

SA - April 21

Schedule A PCC uploaded - April 27

AOR2 - May 24

Meds Passed - June 15

Digital copy sent to Mississauga - July 17

Cpc Mississauga processing email (aor3)- oct 20

Doc request (state pcc, new fbi pcc and court dockets) feb 5, 2018

Still waiting.

I think my app slipped through the cracks. It was untouched from June 2017 until feb 2018

M

marilamb

My husband and I are getting one too. Wondering how much you are paying for yours, ours seems so pricey and they are still unsure of the outcome, but we already paid half.. :(

TX-MTL

Feb 8, 2018
My husband and I are getting one too. Wondering how much you are paying for yours, ours seems so pricey and they are still unsure of the outcome, but we already paid half.. :(
I paid our lawyer an extra $500 for the “admissibility analysis”, which I assume includes a comprehensive summary of her findings to send with the application for the immigration officer to look at.

M

marilamb

I paid our lawyer an extra $500 for the “admissibility analysis”, which I assume includes a comprehensive summary of her findings to send with the application for the immigration officer to look at.
Yeah we are paying $500 usd which is $660 cad.

avyp

Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys! I know that this is an old thread, but I'm hoping anyone on here could help.

My partner and I are in a similar situation. We are looking to get a legal opinion letter in support of our PR application, due to my partners arrest last year. The arrest happened in Canada, and was a minor first time offence- he was given community service and the charges have been withdrawn since July 2018.

We have been waiting 10 months for an answer on our PR - we are on a Bridging permit expiring Dec 2019 and currently in Canada. We are hoping the legal opinion letter will expedite our application.

My question is: Have anyone here used a the service of the opinion letter and was the letter helpful? We have been quoted nearly $1000 (Canadian) and would like to know of anyone's experience before we pay such a large fee. Many thanks for any help/ advice.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys! I know that this is an old thread, but I'm hoping anyone on here could help.

My partner and I are in a similar situation. We are looking to get a legal opinion letter in support of our PR application, due to my partners arrest last year. The arrest happened in Canada, and was a minor first time offence- he was given community service and the charges have been withdrawn since July 2018.

We have been waiting 10 months for an answer on our PR - we are on a Bridging permit expiring Dec 2019 and currently in Canada. We are hoping the legal opinion letter will expedite our application.

My question is: Have anyone here used a the service of the opinion letter and was the letter helpful? We have been quoted nearly $1000 (Canadian) and would like to know of anyone's experience before we pay such a large fee. Many thanks for any help/ advice.
The letter won't expedite anything. The charges were withdrawn, so your partner is not inadmissible.