+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal name change - OCI

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hello everyone,

Looking for some guidance - I have recently completed a legal name change. I have my OCI under my previous name, I have re-applied and reieved my Canadian Passport with my new legal name. I would like update the same on OCI, I did check BLS website, however, information is very confusing. Wondering if anyone has been in the same baot, how do you go about updating your name on OCI? what are the documents required? how much is the fee?

Thank you

adesai21

Oct 16, 2018
Canada
I'm in the same situation as you. I got my name change certificate from Ontario & got a new Canadian passport with an updated name & driver's License, too, before applying for OCI Misc Service.

A few days ago, I received my application back in the mail requesting a notarized affidavit for the name change in my OCI card and Canadian passport. The letter also instructed me to mention my previous name exactly as it appears on my Indian passport in the application form.

Additionally, there's no option in the online form to enter my new name if I mention my old name.

Any updates on your application? How did you proceed?