+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal last-name change

Anne.hoks

Oct 24, 2019
I’ve been wondering....since I’m in the process of divorce, I want to let go of the last name of my ex & change my last-name, yet I don’t want to change it back to my original family‘s last-name as my family & I remained distanced since I left the JW group....my question is : Can I legally change to a self-made last name?! A last name which’s meant especially for me individually, therefore, no need to change it ever, even if I re-marry again in the future

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you want to make up your own last name, depending on the province, you are permitted to do so if you pay the proper fees and fill out the proper forms.

Reactions: Anne.hoks

Anne.hoks

Oct 24, 2019
If you want to make up your own last name, depending on the province, you are permitted to do so if you pay the proper fees and fill out the proper forms.
Ontario! Can I do it in Ontario?!
I've to pay a name change fee anyways... Did u mean a self-made lastname fee is a higher fee?! Any idea how much?!
What’s the proper forms?! Will you please be so kind to direct me in the right direction?! Can u forward me a link?!
Warmly

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
On divorce you don't need to pay a name change fee to take up your former surname (the term I hate is 'maiden' name). I believe the fee is the same and the forms are the same as for any other name. Just google "Ontario name change" and you should get where you need to go.

Reactions: Anne.hoks

Anne.hoks

Oct 24, 2019
On divorce you don't need to pay a name change fee to take up your former surname (the term I hate is 'maiden' name). I believe the fee is the same and the forms are the same as for any other name. Just google "Ontario name change" and you should get where you need to go.
Thanks a ton!
XO