+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal advice

Kmts

Jan 25, 2023
I really need a honest option from you guys. I came to canada in 2020 January as an international student and was on study permit i was just 18 when i came here and got sexually assaulted by my ex roommate for 2 weeks during covid. I was sacred traumatized after that i was not aware of any rules and regulations i had to follow as a international student I never asked for any help from anyone i use to enrol in classes but always drop classes i was unaware and didn’t realize that you can not work more on study permit if not a full time student i have a visa and study permit till 2024 march I want to continue my studies and come out of the hole I’ve been living since 3 years I recently came to know that i have violated my study permit and I’m really scared of what to expect next or how to Fix this situation. Please I need help is there someone who can guide me?

D

Deleted member 1083629

I really need a honest option from you guys. I came to canada in 2020 January as an international student and was on study permit i was just 18 when i came here and got sexually assaulted by my ex roommate for 2 weeks during covid. I was sacred traumatized after that i was not aware of any rules and regulations i had to follow as a international student I never asked for any help from anyone i use to enrol in classes but always drop classes i was unaware and didn’t realize that you can not work more on study permit if not a full time student i have a visa and study permit till 2024 march I want to continue my studies and come out of the hole I’ve been living since 3 years I recently came to know that i have violated my study permit and I’m really scared of what to expect next or how to Fix this situation. Please I need help is there someone who can guide me?
I am sorry it happened to you. You need a professional legal counsel. You can contact Cohen Immigration Law or google immigration lawyers in your city (if you are in Canada).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that you need to be consulting with an immigration lawyer, I would also consider filing a police report so you have some evidence of the assault to provide to IRCC but that is a personal choice and speaking to your international student coordinator at your school of you are still enrolled. Your best option is likely to start another program from scratch because if you have multiple years of part-time studies that will be difficult to overcome. Have you also been on academic probation? Taken semesters off? Also you need to start following the immigration rules correctly right now.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I am sorry to hear that, You need to Inform Police and your college Immediately. Also speak with the Media/Legal office for further proceedings.