+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left the field "immigration office requested " as BLANK. Please Help !!!!

jrs_mumbai

May 19, 2011
Hello All

I have submitted my PR application under CEC from within Canada and just got the AOR confirmation in the email.

I had sent my original application to Centralized intake office, Sydney, NS, Canada.

I have just realized that in Generic application form for Canada – IMM008 (12-2012) E at

Question 4 - Immigration office requested for processing this application - of page 1, I have left this field BLANK. :(

Now the Question:

1) What happens then?

2) Which office will my application be sent to?

3) I have send some additional documents. Where do I send them?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrs_mumbai said:
Hello All

I have submitted my PR application under CEC from within Canada and just got the AOR confirmation in the email.
I had sent my original application to Centralized intake office, Sydney, NS, Canada.
I have just realized that in Generic application form for Canada – IMM008 (12-2012) E at
Question 4 - Immigration office requested for processing this application - of page 1, I have left this field BLANK. :(

Now the Question:
1) What happens then?
2) Which office will my application be sent to?
3) I have send some additional documents. Where do I send them?
Any inputs will be appreciated.
All the CEC files are processed at CPP-Ottawa.

All Incomplete Applications will be sent back....however as you already received AOR... This means your file is complete as per the checklist...and this should'nt be any issue..

niceguy24

Jun 24, 2013
I am in Canada now. But I may need to go back to my home country after I submit the application under CEC. My question is, which immigration office requested, I should mention in my application ? The one in my Country or Canadian office. Please let me know.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niceguy24 said:
I am in Canada now. But I may need to go back to my home country after I submit the application under CEC. My question is, which immigration office requested, I should mention in my application ? The one in my Country or Canadian office. Please let me know.
If you apply from within Canada it will go to Ottawa irrespective of
Your plans.

niceguy24

Jun 24, 2013
Thanks jsm0085, but if I check the CIC website again, I found this

Case processing pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)

CPP-O processes:

temporary resident visa applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (student or temporary foreign workers only); and
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-Mississauga or Centralized Intake Office (CIO)-Sydney.

CPC-Vegreville

CPC-Vegreville processes:

extensions of temporary resident status and temporary resident permits;
work and study permits;
applications for permanent residence by some classes in Canada; and
loans for the right of permanent residence fee.

This makes me assume that, I need to select "immigration office requested" as CPC-Vegreville.

Please confirm.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niceguy24 said:
Thanks jsm0085, but if I check the CIC website again, I found this

Case processing pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)

CPP-O processes:

temporary resident visa applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (student or temporary foreign workers only); and
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-Mississauga or Centralized Intake Office (CIO)-Sydney.

CPC-Vegreville

CPC-Vegreville processes:

extensions of temporary resident status and temporary resident permits;
work and study permits;
applications for permanent residence by some classes in Canada; and
loans for the right of permanent residence fee.

This makes me assume that, I need to select "immigration office requested" as CPC-Vegreville.

Please confirm.
If you have applied in CEC class, then no matter which country you apply from (including canada), all the application will be processed at CPP-Ottawa , and a few application are processed at CIO-Sydney,

Even if you plan to go your home country in middle of application process, the application is still processed at CPP-Ottawa

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Don't worry. I have seen people left that box blank, later found that officers had used "CPP-o", by default.