+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left employer - Reference letter states no employment end date, is it still valid?

breezyday

Dec 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas! Especially if you are alone in Canada like myself haha

First post here and I have a question regarding my employment confirmation letter. I had it produced around 2 months ago and it meets all the requirements. However, I have since left the organization and the letter states that I have no contract end date. Would a letter of explanation stating the date I left along with this current confirmation suffice? I have sufficient supplementary documents (pay stubs until the final week) attached with it.

Also, I am not using the employment as a valid job offer so don't worry on that side of things!

Kind regards,
Tom

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas! Especially if you are alone in Canada like myself haha

First post here and I have a question regarding my employment confirmation letter. I had it produced around 2 months ago and it meets all the requirements. However, I have since left the organization and the letter states that I have no contract end date. Would a letter of explanation stating the date I left along with this current confirmation suffice? I have sufficient supplementary documents (pay stubs until the final week) attached with it.

Also, I am not using the employment as a valid job offer so don't worry on that side of things!

Kind regards,
Tom
How many years of experience are you claming? Was this letter issued after that?

For instance, it you're claming 1 year and the letter was issued after the year, then NO, you don't have to worry about and are good to go with such letter.

breezyday

Dec 24, 2020
I have only claimed the one year and it is dated long after that.

Thanks for the clarification, I have requested a new one however, the clock is ticking with regards to how many days I have left to submit.

lllsouzap

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020

Thanks for the clarification, I have requested a new one however, the clock is ticking with regards to how many days I have left to submit.
Could you please share your template? Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

You should be fine if you are only claiming 1 year and the letter is dated after this 1 year was completed then you don't need to worry too much.

If you can get an updated letter good. If not, I would not worry too much.

Mar 10, 2022
Please Advice me on the following:

Date I Joined the company - January 10, 2021
Date I left the company - March 5, 2022
Date the Reference letter was issued or signed- Feb 11, 2021. (saying that I am currently working there)

I have a NOC B job exp for one year and am applying for PR under CEC. I left the job now, and the employment letter says I am currently employed.
Question - can I use the same reference letter mentioning i currently work there even though I quit the job or get a new one with end date mentioned on it.