+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left canada for 895 days

wweporjeff

Nov 7, 2018
Hi so i arrived to canada on
03/11/2015 i stayed in canada for 274 days and then left because i came back to my country
Since i want to maintain my PR im moving back to canada on January 12 which will be 895 Days absent total my questions are the following:
Am i still in the safe zone to maintain the residency? (Not thinking of leaving until i have the 730 days)
Am i going to have trouble while entering canada? (Like am i going to get questioned or get delayed because i only have 1 hour and half of overlay and it could be a big problem)
Will it matter that im moving to another province ?
Thanks ahead for the help :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You are still within the timeline to meet your residency obligation assuming you stay put once in Canada for the 456 days plus you now need to meet the 2/5 rule. Do not forget that after the first 5 years the 5 years becomes a rolling 5 years where you must show 730 days residence in the period before each new entry so your initial 274 days will start to fade over time.

Whether you get extra questioning when you come back impossible to predict , you may do having been away 2 and half years. A 90 minute connection from an international flight seems pretty tight especially if immigration is busy and if you also might have a terminal change.

Going to another province only an issue for initial landing if through PNP. Once a PR you can go where you want.