+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Quebec right after PR (under QSW)

GHFJ96

Aug 17, 2016
Can we move to other provinces after getting PR under QSW ?
I heard many people suggesting not leave QC at least for 6 months, and some say we can leave.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
GHFJ96 said:
I heard many people suggesting not leave QC at least for 6 months, and some say we can leave.
It is advisable not to leave for initial few months ,your medical card will anyways take 3 months to arrive , unless you have valid reason to justify as you have signed intent of residing in quebec ...

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
As poisonapple said, It is advisable not to leave the province but technically you can do it as the PR is for Canada not only for Quebec.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GHFJ96 said:
I my opinion if you leave then I will be cheat to Canadian Government. ( you have sign to your intention) Which ever Provence you are planing to go there is own immigration program, Then why not you apply with that.

I strongly disagree with that people who are planing to live Quebec. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lliam1996

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
mapsora said:
I my opinion if you leave then I will be cheat to Canadian Government. ( you have sign to your intention) Which ever Provence you are planing to go there is own immigration program, Then why not you apply with that.

I strongly disagree with that people who are planing to live Quebec. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Intention is intention, it only means that u have plans or you are planned to move to quebec.
but the life is the reality, it is not just words that u promise. Sometimes people have to go to some university has the labs that here doesn't have, people got internally transferred to other positions for the same company but in other provinces.
sometimes it is not really the decision that you can make.
As you may realize now, life is a journey rather than a static point, which is why the constitution enforce the right of mobility of permanent resident.
the obligation of residency is controversial, even when you hold a Canadian passport , you still own the obligation of residency to the government of Canada, which is why they are still in the third reading of C6.

Josh99

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
mapsora said:

I think it's primary intention and you should stick to it. but if you get a well paid full time permanent job in some other province after job hunting in QC for 6 months, it doesn't mean that you cant move as your intention is to stay in QC.

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
So I'm a PR holder under QSW. I received it a couple of months ago, but I have been living in Quebec for four years, and I have a good job. Recently I received an offer from a company from another province that is MUCH better than I have now. So, how should I do? If I didn't have PR, I would apply for another work permit, and the problem is solved. Some said there can be problems in future if I move now. Is it true? Do you have the real examples of problems?

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
guys do you know if someone can report a person who got CSQ and then applied for PR federal stage and then immediately leaved Quebec after sending the documents for federal stage?

GingerM

Oct 14, 2018
I have the same question can you report someone who got PR for the province of Quebec and had no intentions of staying there, why are these people using it as a back door..(QSW)

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Hi everyone sorry to interrup, i dont know where to post my situation but I want to explore some other experiences.

I was landed in toroto last Oct 10, 2018 then stay at Quebec. Due to my current work in the Phils I have to leave canada for 5 weeks until my contract finished by February next year.

My question is, my PR card not yet mailed to me, is there any way to expedite the process or is there any documents for me to leave with ni hassle in the immigration?

Thank you

Vic

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
i read in a page.
you can migrate after getting your PR card ( around 2 months )
u need to show the current govt ( if u came by PNP ) that, u are not getting good pay
and u are losing money because of that
and you didnt get works here ( search works, apply for online interviews in other province )
and show the govt proof, that u need to leave...
then they seem to send a notification to u.. so that it will be good & clean for u to move to another province,.
as another friend stated that U DECLARE TO STAY THERE AT A PROVINCE U GOT NOMINATED....
yes, there is a declaration. we do sign that. but there is nothing stating we need to STAY IN A PARTICULAR PERIOD OF TIME...
refer : Freedom of Mobility // canada law
the reason why many say / fear to leave is that, we will be questioned when we apply for the citizenship...
that is the main reason.. if u have the letter from the govt saying ok to go, then u wont have any issues...