+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving my job after application submission

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi All,

I am almost ready to submit my application after receiving the ITA. There is a change of circumstances I have had recently. I need some insight from the experts to plan my next steps. My scenario is:

I am the principal application applying under noc 2171. My husband has recently received a job offer from another city, he has been waiting for this opportunity for quite some time and we are excited to take it up till our Canada immigration decision comes through. Now the problem is, I am submitting my application with my job reference letter stating my duration of work from Nov 2013 till date. I off-course cannot leave this job and join my husband in the other city. What are my options here if I need to leave my current job and stay home for a while (I also recently had a daughter).

Should I go ahead and submit my application and wait till my background check is completed? How long does the background usually takes once the application is submitted (particularly for applicants from Pakistan).

Can I leave my job, join my husband and than update CIC that I am not working anymore and staying home to take care of my daughter this year? Is it going to affect my application in anyway? Keeping in mind my number of years of experience requirement is already met i.e 3 years including my previous experience.

Will appreciate any help!

Thanks,

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Hi sanazeh,

Please have a look at this link, which talks about eligibility for FSW program:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Personally I believe, you can submit application now and then later inform CIC via CSE that you have left the job explaining the circumstances. It should not have any affect on your application.

Asivad may be able to help you more with this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanazeh said:
Hi All,

I am almost ready to submit my application after receiving the ITA. There is a change of circumstances I have had recently. I need some insight from the experts to plan my next steps. My scenario is:

I am the principal application applying under noc 2171. My husband has recently received a job offer from another city, he has been waiting for this opportunity for quite some time and we are excited to take it up till our Canada immigration decision comes through. Now the problem is, I am submitting my application with my job reference letter stating my duration of work from Nov 2013 till date. I off-course cannot leave this job and join my husband in the other city. What are my options here if I need to leave my current job and stay home for a while (I also recently had a daughter).

Should I go ahead and submit my application and wait till my background check is completed? How long does the background usually takes once the application is submitted (particularly for applicants from Pakistan).

Assuming you are based outside Canada now, it makes no difference to your PR application if you quit your job immediately after submitting the post ITA application.

Can I leave my job, join my husband and than update CIC that I am not working anymore and staying home to take care of my daughter this year? Is it going to affect my application in anyway? Keeping in mind my number of years of experience requirement is already met i.e 3 years including my previous experience.

Yes you can quit and stay at home taking care of your daughter. This will have no impact on application processing. If you do move cities after submitting your post ITA application, you'll have to update CIC with the latest address but that's all there is to it.

Will appreciate any help!

Thanks,