+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Job

Sonia Zeb

Jun 11, 2021
Hey everyone,

Just need guidance. Does leaving job in your home country and moving to UAE and being jobless for some time till you find a new job will impact your PR application?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Absolutely not, some will tell you it might slow down your application if you have an AOR ongoing but it has absolutely no effect whatsoever now with COVID..

I am am AOR April 6th, 2020 , I have left my job as did my wife ( Both applicants in the same application), and we moved to immigrate to another country more than 6 months ago, all we did is to update IRCC aboutthe situation gave our new address and submitted our residence cards and new employment contracts thats all, but in practices all you have to do is notify them and submit your new contact info and address thats all.

Sonia Zeb

Jun 11, 2021
Absolutely not, some will tell you it might slow down your application if you have an AOR ongoing but it has absolutely no effect whatsoever now with COVID..

I am am AOR April 6th, 2020 , I have left my job as did my wife ( Both applicants in the same application), and we moved to immigrate to another country more than 6 months ago, all we did is to update IRCC about the situation gave our new address and submitted our residence cards and new employment contracts thats all, but in practices all you have to do is notify them and submit your new contact info and address thats all.
Thanks for your reply. But what if he remains jobless for a couple of months as it is difficult to get a job these days. He has received an AOR and its PR application is in progress. He was selected under the PNP nomination.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for your reply. But what if he remains jobless for a couple of months as it is difficult to get a job these days. He has received an AOR and its PR application is in progress. He was selected under the PNP nomination.
It has no effect imo , as the PR application is processed based on the info submitted from the date you completed your express entry profile till the date you got ITA and solely in this time frame.

What IRCC ask is to update them and inform them about any major change eg marriage, having a new born, change of address and personal contact info, job situation and so on, they just need to get updated.

Staying jobless will not matter, as it has no effect on the application, an advise though if the person is planning to immigrate to Canada later on make sure to keep the proof of funds and not use it while staying jobless, if got a job just keep it and put aside few more bucks it might prove useful, another advise UAE especially Dubai is a bad immigration option unless you go there to make at least 60k+ usd /year , it is not worth it.