Leaving country on Parental leave .. Urgent

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I am on parental leave and need to visit my country for 45 days due to my parents health issues. I need to know , will I receive my parental benefits or I ll lose them??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on parental leave and need to visit my country for 45 days due to my parents health issues. I need to know , will I receive my parental benefits or I ll lose them??
You need to talk to Service Canada, and ask. You should notify them that you are leaving the country and find out if you are still eligible.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And is the infant accompanying you ?
If yes, you’ll be covered , since parental leave is for caring for the child . If not , no . Parental leave isn’t for caring for sick parents
You’ll risk being in an overpayment situation
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-maternity-parental/after-applying.html
If you travel outside of Canada
As long as you continue to meet eligibility conditions, you can still receive maternity and parental benefits while outside Canada.

While receiving benefits
While receiving benefits, you must continue to be eligible. Please contact Service Canada if you:

• stop providing care for your child while receiving parental benefits

Last edited:
Reactions: harneetk

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you end up staying for longer it is important to speak to CRA because being abroad for longer periods of time can impact child benefit payments.

Reactions: harneetk