+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

leaving Canada without pr card

greenrose

Feb 28, 2011
hi everyone,

just wanna ask if I can leave Canada without my PR card.

and what is the current waiting time for PR card processing. I became a permanent resident last feb. 14. tnx. :)

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 5, 2013, RPRF encashed March 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
for new permanent residents 52 days

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

you must wait to get PR card otherwise you will have to take travel document from embassy to return to Canada which may be a hassle.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
greenrose said:
hi everyone,

just wanna ask if I can leave Canada without my PR card.

and what is the current waiting time for PR card processing. I became a permanent resident last feb. 14. tnx. :)
Hi

Yes, you can leave without your PR card. Have a family member or friend check your mail while you are gone. When your PR card arrives, they can forward it on to you wherever you are and you can return to Canada without issue.

If you don't have your PR card, returning to Canada is a bit more difficult; you will need to either apply for a PR Travel Document (which can take several weeks or longer) or, if you have a US visa, fly to the US and enter Canada by private car or on foot.

greenrose

Feb 28, 2011
satwant08 said:
for new permanent residents 52 days

you must wait to get PR card otherwise you will have to take travel document from embassy to return to Canada which may be a hassle.
thanks! is the mailing days included in the 52 days or just the processing? so most probably plus 1 wk for mailing? thanks again:)

greenrose

Feb 28, 2011
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Yes, you can leave without your PR card. Have a family member or friend check your mail while you are gone. When your PR card arrives, they can forward it on to you wherever you are and you can return to Canada without issue.

If you don't have your PR card, returning to Canada is a bit more difficult; you will need to either apply for a PR Travel Document (which can take several weeks or longer) or, if you have a US visa, fly to the US and enter Canada by private car or on foot.
thank you. so all i need is my passport? thanks :)