+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada with unpaid debt (approx. 20,000).. Please Help

dannyking149

Jul 11, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

University generally issue 2 types of LOA;

1. Registration letter: a simple 1 page letter stating that you are registered as a full time student, course name etc. You get it to prove your status as a student.
2. Registration letter + SP Information: 2 page letter, including a letter of registration + detailed study permit information that cover all relevant information CIC need.

For SP renewal, one must submit the second one.

Thanks. However, I sent both these letters to cic. Also the isn't my first time applying for an extension. I applied last year and was given an extension till my passport expiration date and it was clearly written on my SP that further extension would be given after passport renewal. Now I'm going through all these unknown problems.

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
Thats the reason always hold a debit card not credit card credit card-debt debt debt also you should have known your financial situation and swiped ur card considering that case

SayHossZ

Jun 23, 2019
Guys I need an information, back in 2013 I got caught by immigration officer for working as a student which I was not allowed to work. They took me in detention center and sent me back home from UK. Will it effect in my police certificate, as long as I know that was not criminal offence???

gengen

May 28, 2019
I saw videos on Youtube that says good credit is extremely important for international students..also if you are sued for the money and the plaintiff wins the judgement it goes on student credit history..if plaintiff notify immigration.i the officer may think you coming back to work and not really a student like how can you afford to live..i think now some large companies do credit checks before hiring for professional jobs

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Immigration wont care about bad credit, its a private matter between you and the creditors, it is already on your credit report so being sued doesnt change much and it is a civil not criminal case.

Good credit is nice to have for other things sure, but it can be rebuilt over time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Guys I need an information, back in 2013 I got caught by immigration officer for working as a student which I was not allowed to work. They took me in detention center and sent me back home from UK. Will it effect in my police certificate, as long as I know that was not criminal offence???
You still need to disclose this in your application otherwise you could get banned.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Don't think they do credit check for accounts or gic only for when you want credit, also for renting a lot of places but not all. And you can declare bankruptcy here and get rid of most debts but credit score will be impacted for a while.

gengen

May 28, 2019
Don't think they do credit check for accounts or gic only for when you want credit, also for renting a lot of places but not all. And you can declare bankruptcy here and get rid of most debts but credit score will be impacted for a while.
RBC & CIBC has started to do credit checks for new accounts and credit.not sure about other banks. True not all places check credit history for rent..bankruptcy last 7yrs..but its best to try to negiotate with creditors not runaway.

gengen

May 28, 2019
My roommate says you cannot sponsor during bankruptcy.so if u get PR and try to sponsor your significant other then you must wait until bankruptcy is finished