+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while PR application in process

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I submitted my PR application last month and it is still in process. I plan on going to the US next month however i need to know if i am allowed to do this and if it will jeopardize my application if i leave Canada while in process? Has anyone left Canada while PR in process and managed to get back in no problem? I am currently on a valid working visa expiring in August.

Any help would be great, thanks!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can leave Canada and it won't affect your current application.

If you change your country of residence then the only update you need to do is to update IRCC with your new address.

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Thanks! So the only information that would need to be updated on my application profile would be if i change my country of residence? CIC do not need to know my travel history after i have submitted my application?

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
You can leave Canada and it won't affect your current application.

If you change your country of residence then the only update you need to do is to update IRCC with your new address.
Hi,

could you let us know how to change the address? I sent a case enquiry i believe to get mine changed a month ago but I am not sure how to double check in my cic account that it has been changed. Can you please help

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I submitted my PR application last month and it is still in process. I plan on going to the US next month however i need to know if i am allowed to do this and if it will jeopardize my application if i leave Canada while in process? Has anyone left Canada while PR in process and managed to get back in no problem? I am currently on a valid working visa expiring in August.

Any help would be great, thanks!!
yes, just make sure you can come back in Canada.
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

Reactions: ShootOwl

Rjh

Oct 17, 2018
Im in similar circumstance.
I have applied for my pr under the pnp skilled workers overseas program. Im wondering if i can return to my country of residence and wait for my application to be processed.

Savtodd

May 27, 2018
I have applied for my pr under the pnp skilled workers overseas program. Im wondering if i can return to my country of residence and wait for my application to be processed.
Let me know if you find the answer to this? I want to return to the UK while my CEC PR application is being processed. Do I need to get another police certificate if I go back to the UK, as I have lived there more than 6 months during my life?

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
hi I am in a similar situation and was hoping to do the same. is it possible to leave canada and come back once you receive ppr?

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I am in same situation. Please advise if you were able to do so ?