+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada right after application sent, risky or not?

zsy54531

Nov 27, 2013
Hi guys, I am going to submit my citizenship application through my agent next week (just a little bit over 1095 days), and for family reasons I want to go back to my home country the week after that, but still work for my current Canadian employer remotely as a contractor (won't be on payroll anymore but still employed by it).

I know in the new citizenship law, there is less scrutiny on "intention to stay", but still just is it risky at all?
I am single but I do have a property in Vancouver and I would still be employed by a Canadian company overseas.

Would I get into trouble in the interview? Should I wait a little bit longer to leave or it doesn't really make any difference?

Thank you very much in advance and wish you all have a successful and smooth process.

Cheers,
Simon

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Be prepared to have your mail checked regularly and to be able to fly back on a whim in case of short notices for test,interview, oath, etc
Perhaps document those family circumstances(for example, medical documents, etc) to satisfy CIC incase they inquire. Remember to keep your situation abroad "temporary" until u get citizenship. After that, no worries.
Expect more scrutiny if they realize you've left Canada long-term.......if possible delay it at least until after the test/interview stage.