+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada for more than two weeks in a row after submitting citizenship application

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hey! Has anyone messaged IRCC if has been out of the country for more than two weeks after submitting the citizenship application? I am currently visiting my family abroad and my stay will take more than two weeks.
Curious if I should contact them via the web form though I am not expecting anything following the current timeline of online applications, if there is any progress it will be later when I am already back in Canada.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hey! Has anyone messaged IRCC if has been out of the country for more than two weeks after submitting the citizenship application? I am currently visiting my family abroad and my stay will take more than two weeks.
Curious if I should contact them via the web form though I am not expecting anything following the current timeline of online applications, if there is any progress it will be later when I am already back in Canada.
If I were you I wont, as its just '2' weeks, if planning on staying beyond '6' months then I would consider it as its when you will get a FP request.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
lol funny
you can never come back if you want as long as you manage to keep your pr status.
and also as long as they accept your outside oath and test.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
If I were you I wont, as its just '2' weeks, if planning on staying beyond '6' months then I would consider it as its when you will get a FP request.
Fake. Fingerprints are only requested for criminal record checks within Canada, not in other countries, therefore has nothing to do with being outside of Canada any length of time.