+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada before getting PR

Ragheb

Feb 3, 2017
Hello everyone
Question please
If I am skilled worker immigrant and we have landed with family in Montreal and submit for PR can we leave Canada before obtaining PR and our cards can be sent to address of family member ?
in case of any issue later can we obtain another entry permit to go back and get PR
Please advise as we have to travel for emergency to fix something urgently for our business outside Canada
I know some people did it and get PR already but couple of years ago
Please advise , thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
Question please
If I am skilled worker immigrant and we have landed with family in Montreal and submit for PR can we leave Canada before obtaining PR and our cards can be sent to address of family member ?
in case of any issue later can we obtain another entry permit to go back and get PR
Please advise as we have to travel for emergency to fix something urgently for our business outside Canada
I know some people did it and get PR already but couple of years ago
Please advise , thanks
You are PR with or without the card itself.

If you don't have the actual PR card and are not US citizen, then you need either PRTD or go through a land border.

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Yes you can travel out of canada while waiting for PR cards, however to return you will either need to apply for PRTD or travel via US border in private vehicle or on foot using COPR document.