+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada as an inland applicant while PR application is processing

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hi there,

I applied for PR through the Quebec skilled worker programme (with CSQ) on Dec 31 2018. My progress bar says the expected completion date is September 2020. I would like to return to the UK (my home country) and continue the process there and then return to Canada once I have my PR card in hand.

According to the following http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28 this should be acceptable and should not void my application.

Did I miss any hidden rule? Can I still do the medical + biometrics and receive my CoPR back in the UK if I change my address?

Any info anyone might have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ilneige

Nov 1, 2017

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
How long are you going for? According to my understanding, if you leave for an extended period of time, you will have to update your address - and you will be treated as an outland applicant which takes a longer time. You should be able to leave for about 3-4 months no problem if you will come back - I would advise you keep your address on file (maybe sublet your apartment, etc). Then come back after a couple months

ilneige

Nov 1, 2017
How long are you going for? According to my understanding, if you leave for an extended period of time, you will have to update your address - and you will be treated as an outland applicant which takes a longer time. You should be able to leave for about 3-4 months no problem if you will come back - I would advise you keep your address on file (maybe sublet your apartment, etc). Then come back after a couple months
thanks for your reply, that's helpful to know! do you have any more info on the processing times for inland vs. outland applications? my partner will be living in the US temporarily, so whether i should change my address for an extended stay in the US or maintain my address here and sublet my apartment for a shorter period of time is precisely what i was trying to figure out.