+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada and returning while new work permit processing! Please help!

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
I applied for a renewal of my work permit a month ago. Current work permit is valid till half December!
I have to leave outside Canada for 15 days and get back! Am I going to lose my current status?

Please help!

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Am I keeping my work permit status? Is implied status only applies when your status is expired
If you leave with a valid work permit and return with a valid work permit, then you keep your status. If your work permit expired, and you apply for a new work permit, leave the country, then as far as I know, your status expires.

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Thanks.

lawyer just responded now that I cant maintain my wp if I leave and return even with valid wp & TRV

This is so upseating

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks.

lawyer just responded now that I cant maintain my wp if I leave and return even with valid wp & TRV

This is so upseating
Your lawyer is incorrect. If you still have a valid WP you can leave and reenter the country. There is always a small chance you can refused entry everytime you leave Canada if you aren’t a PR or citizen, The issue is if you try to leave after your WP has expired and when you’ve applied for an extension so during the time you are on implied status. At that point you won’t be able to reenter. Are you currently working? Will you be working when you leave Canada and try to reenter?

Change lawyers.

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Your lawyer is incorrect. If you still have a valid WP you can leave and reenter the country. There is always a small chance you can refused entry everytime you leave Canada if you aren’t a PR or citizen, The issue is if you try to leave after your WP has expired and when you’ve applied for an extension so during the time you are on implied status. At that point you won’t be able to reenter. Are you currently working? Will you be working when you leave Canada and try to reenter?

Change lawyers.
thank you for the response
Yes I am working! At my own company and will still have 30 days for wp to expire when I get back to Canada

krish28

Oct 11, 2022

Change lawyers.
Hi, I have similar situation to the issue you replied here. so, currently I have applied for restoration status application with 18months work permit extension under new public policy announced in Aug 2022. my application is still in process so at this time I don't have any status in Canada. Now, If I have to leave canada in 3days what would be the chances for me re-enter Canada? and how can I re-enter? pls suggest/advise. Thanks