+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after citizenship - already received RQ

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2015 cant come soon enough. any party could be better than the current callous administrators who tries so hard on getting their grip tight with every single average person living in Canada. CIC is just a puppet whose strings are in control with the administrators, they would go blue or red or orange as needed. I hope past 2015 they go red or orange.

dacotan

Oct 23, 2013
Hi there,

I've read some stories about leaving canada after receiving RQ. I'm actually in the exact same situation and I wonder if somebody can help me.

I've been in Canada since August 2006. I became PR in June 2009 in Montreal and moved to Vancouver. I applied for Citizenship in October 2011. I received a RQ in November 2012. I sent everything back within a week and I didn't hear anything from CIC for months.

In June 2013, I called them and the rep on the phone told me that my case is still in process and I have to be aware that processing are longer now and that it can take up September 2014 ! I was really devastated since I had a great opportunity for teach oversea for 1 year.

I seized the opportunity and I left Canada in September 2013 and I will be teaching in another country for 1 year, I have a visa overseas valid for 1 year until July 2014. It's not another PR from another country but just a working visa.

Now here is an issue! I went online last week to check the status of my application (haven't checked it for a few months) and CIC sent me a letter in July for a citizenship test at on July the 30th! I was there but didn't received an mail.

So I called CIC this week and the rep told me that they've sent it to the wrong address and that I was on the waiting list for a 2nd test.

Does anyone can tell me if the fact that I'm now overseas will be an issue when I will show up to the next test ? Can I get a second RQ even if they've already approved mine before?

I meet my residence requirements. In 7 years in Canada, I've left the country less than 3 months all together. I usually go to visit my family and this teaching visa is for another country (not even where my family is).

I'm really planing to go back to canada in July 2014 since I have to start a government job in the fall 2014. for what I've been reading lately on forums, it seems that the CIC ambiance doesn't smell good right now and they are getting tougher and tougher towards people leaving the country.

If anyone have any infos about this or a similar situation, please share!

Cheers.