+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after 2weeks

Jompakz1

Jan 21, 2018
Hi to all, just want to ask would there be any problem if my husband and son will go back to the Philippines after they come here in Canada as landed immigrant? And only planning to stay here only 2weeks without their Permanent Residents card? or they have to wait for their card first?
Is there any problem when they come back after a year? What documents they need to bring when they come back here in Canada? Thanks a lot

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi to all, just want to ask would there be any problem if my husband and son will go back to the Philippines after they come here in Canada as landed immigrant? And only planning to stay here only 2weeks without their Permanent Residents card? or they have to wait for their card first?
Is there any problem when they come back after a year? What documents they need to bring when they come back here in Canada? Thanks a lot
1. They can leave the same day, no problem.
2. No need to wait for PR cards.
3. When coming back, only PR cards and passports are required.
Good luck!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
can they stay in the Philippines for a year or so? Thanks
They have to meet the 730 day rule out of the first 5 years from the landing date so in effect they could stay away for nearly 3 years without putting their PR status in jeopardy.

The longer they do stay out then the less flexibility there will be to meet residency obligation, so for example if they stay away for near 3 years after initial landing they would need to remain in Canada for 2 years without leaving at all. After the initial 5 years it becomes a 'rolling' 5 years meaning needing ability to show 730 days in the 5 years preceeding each new entry into the country.

A reminder that when they land and stay for 2 weeks then in addition to sorting out PR card and either mailing or using a courier the cards to them in the Phillipines to also sort out the SIN whilst in the country.

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Hi Jompakz1 & Bs65, permission to join in your conversation.

I have a situation like Jompakz1, I want to leave Canada Montreal for 5 months because I was currently employed in the Philippines and my employer needed me asap, but my PR card not yet received as of this time.
My question is, what is the documents will be presented at the Canadian immigration when exiting Canada?

Thank you hoping for your immediate feedback in this matter, really appreciate....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I have a situation like Jompakz1, I want to leave Canada Montreal for 5 months because I was currently employed in the Philippines and my employer needed me asap, but my PR card not yet received as of this time.
My question is, what is the documents will be presented at the Canadian immigration when exiting Canada?

Thank you hoping for your immediate feedback in this matter, really appreciate....
No exit documents are required in Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Whilst as Canuck says you need nothing to exit Canada other than showing your passport of course when checking in . if you still have not received your PR card by the time you leave you will need to make arrangements for someone to mail or courier to you else you will need to apply for a PRTD from outside Canada in order to board a plane back to Canada.

Mudassai798

Oct 20, 2018

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Thank you very much, because of this information....I can book my flight with no worries....my PR card has already mailing address here in Montreal then my relatives will carry my PR card when they go back to my home country for vacation......