+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving and returning to Canada on BOWP.

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
Hi Folks,

I have received my BOWP two weeks ago and I'm currently unemployed. I'm flying out of the country next week (for 3 weeks), and I need your advise please...
Can Border Officer deny my entry to Canada (or even revoke my BOWP) because I'm currently unemployed and have no job offer. Is there any legal rules or regulations which apply to my situation? I found nothing on CIC web site.

I'm from visa-exempt country, so I don't need temporary visa.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanadaPR0012 said:
Hi Folks,

I have received my BOWP two weeks ago and I'm currently unemployed. I'm flying out of the country next week (for 3 weeks), and I need your advise please...
Can Border Officer deny my entry to Canada (or even revoke my BOWP) because I'm currently unemployed and have no job offer. Is there any legal rules or regulations which apply to my situation? I found nothing on CIC web site.

I'm from visa-exempt country, so I don't need temporary visa.

Thanks in advance.
1, No, not for being unemployed.

Serafin1

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Hi,

Just want to ask whats BOWP? is it the same as working permit for investors? thanks alot!
How long did it take to get your BOWP?

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
Serafin1 said:
Hi,

Just want to ask whats BOWP? is it the same as working permit for investors? thanks alot!
How long did it take to get your BOWP?
Here you go.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

To be eligible for a bridging WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.
The application took 11 days from submission to approval (on line).