+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving a job after 6 days in Toronto (Legal advise)

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I worked for a company for 6 days and they gave me letter of employment on the first day, after that I noticed the workplace environment is very stressful and the owner keeps stressed and negative he said i'm stupid and kept talking negative about me shouting at me so I just told him i'm no longer interested to work for you anymore see how much you want to deduct from me.

I did not sign any contract with the company.
the owner said you are working as contractor you should find your own accountant to do your taxes.
He will pay me the hours that I worked for him.

Please I'm asking to know if there is any legal consideration against me, I did not give any notice.

Thank You very much.

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
You're good to go. Just get your pay. Also, if you have any proof that this person verbally abused you (like called you stupid), I think you can report them.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
You're good to go. Just get your pay. Also, if you have any proof that this person verbally abused you (like called you stupid), I think you can report them.
Thank you very much for your answer.
No I don't have any recordings to proof this he will not give me any recordings from his workplace.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I worked for a company for 6 days and they gave me letter of employment on the first day, after that I noticed the workplace environment is very stressful and the owner keeps stressed and negative he said i'm stupid and kept talking negative about me shouting at me so I just told him i'm no longer interested to work for you anymore see how much you want to deduct from me.

the owner said you are working as contractor you should find your own accountant to do your taxes.

Please I'm asking to know if there is any legal consideration against me, I did not give any notice.

Thank You very much.
Since there were no documents signed, there are no legal considerations. If anything you should try reporting them to BBB or such. 6 days is not a lot, I would just skip the pay and leave. Good luck with your next job

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone,

Thank You very much.
A "letter of employment" would appear to be a direct conflict with being a "contractor". Someone is not telling the whole story...
If you are a "contractor", you have, by definition, to have a "contract".

Reactions: Hussainkhan2019