Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
This is little reassuring
Thanks
We applied for my husband in August,2018 and i am
Looking forward to go see him in april for 3-4 months and hoping to come back with him but am full of doubts
And i did aks same thing via webform and reply i got was as PR i must be physicaly present in canada for 730 days in 5 year time period which i think impies as long as PR abides by Permanent residency terms and conditons it should be okay !
Correct me if i am wrong
As a permanent resident, you absolutely shouldn't even dream of leaving Canada for 3-4 months while the application is being processed. Sponsors who are permanent residents must be in Canada throughout the process and shouldn't leave for more than a couple of weeks, if you must. Only Canadian citizens can sponsor from outside of Canada.

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
As a permanent resident, you absolutely shouldn't even dream of leaving Canada for 3-4 months while the application is being processed. Sponsors who are permanent residents must be in Canada throughout the process and shouldn't leave for more than a couple of weeks, if you must. Only Canadian citizens can sponsor from outside of Canada.
Okay do you know someone who have had any personal experience in this
I mean application getting refused because sponsor was outside canada for more than a month ??
Just want to know

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Okay do you know someone who have had any personal experience in this
I mean application getting refused because sponsor was outside canada for more than a month ??
Just want to know
@neha25 Sounds like yes 3-4 months will be too much !

When I applied for my wife's sponsorship application, I left Canada twice for 6 weeks and 2 weeks with no problem in application.
You can go for as many vacations you want, but each vacation can't be more than 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: neha25

neha25

Jul 10, 2016

When I applied for my wife's sponsorship application, I left Canada twice for 6 weeks and 2 weeks with no problem in application.
You can go for as many vacations you want, but each vacation can't be more than 4-6 weeks.
Thanks alot for your reply
Yes that will probably be my best bet

veilaaa

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019

Are you a canadian citezen or a permanent resident?

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
25-09-2020 (Non-Scheduled, over the phone)
Hi All,

I (Sponsor) am planning to visit my spouse (PA) for a month (31 days to be precise) in December. Our application is under process, i received SA and the PA received Bio metric request. I have 3 weeks yearly vacation and i want to include 1 weeks of Christmas/New year holidays. Is it safe or shall i reduce the duration to 3 weeks. Is the duration limit specified by CIC, i tried to search but wasnt able to get accurate information on this. I dont understand if i am working and residing here why i cant go for a month or so to spend my holidays back home. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

veilaaa

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi All,

I (Sponsor) am planning to visit my spouse (PA) for a month (31 days to be precise) in December. Our application is under process, i received SA and the PA received Bio metric request. I have 3 weeks yearly vacation and i want to include 1 weeks of Christmas/New year holidays. Is it safe or shall i reduce the duration to 3 weeks. Is the duration limit specified by CIC, i tried to search but wasnt able to get accurate information on this. I dont understand if i am working and residing here why i cant go for a month or so to spend my holidays back home. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
What is the status of your application? I am also seeking for an answer to this kind of situation. When did you apply for family sponsorship?

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
What is the status of your application? I am also seeking for an answer to this kind of situation. When did you apply for family sponsorship?
We received AOR1, SA approval, PA biometric request.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks and Regards
Seems like you are a PR. I would not recommend leaving for a month. There are people who have gone away and have not been caught but others who have had to start the sponsorship process again it is up to you to decide what your level of risk is.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
Seems like you are a PR. I would not recommend leaving for a month. There are people who have gone away and have not been caught but others who have had to start the sponsorship process again it is up to you to decide what your level of risk is.
Thanks Canuck, Yes i am on PR. I will do some more research on this.

Metufer

Jun 28, 2014
Hello, I'm gonna give a brief explanation of the situation, I am a PR sponsoring my wife (she's in a middle of the immigration process to become a PR) and I'd like to know if we can both travel abroad to visit our parents (hers and mine) for a period of 8 weeks in our back home country, we're gonna live together (we're legally married) is that allowed? She applied within Canada, thank you very much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I'm gonna give a brief explanation of the situation, I am a PR sponsoring my wife (she's in a middle of the immigration process to become a PR) and I'd like to know if we can both travel abroad to visit our parents (hers and mine) for a period of 8 weeks in our back home country, we're gonna live together (we're legally married) is that allowed? She applied within Canada, thank you very much!
Did she apply inland?