20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SamHom said:
I thought the rule were that you have to live together for 2 years once PR was granted? Do you really have to live together during the entire process of the application too? Ofcourse it does look good, but is a requirement?
That applies after spouse lands as PR. The case here is the sponsor is PR and wants to leave Canada for a month during PR sponsorship. PR are required to stay in Canada during the PR sponsorship. The longer the PR stays outside Canada, the more chances application gets denied.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
screech339 said:
That applies after spouse lands as PR. The case here is the sponsor is PR and wants to leave Canada for a month during PR sponsorship. PR are required to stay in Canada during the PR sponsorship. The longer the PR stays outside Canada, the more chances application gets denied.
Ah! But in my case, me being applicant and my wife being sponsor (Canadian citizen) we could be apart while application is still being processed without it matter?

Janix

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
SamHom said:
I thought the rule were that you have to live together for 2 years once PR was granted? Do you really have to live together during the entire process of the application too? Ofcourse it does look good, but is a requirement?
Hi SamHom,

I am not sure about this coz im not an expert here :)
but in my opinion it depends on what type of application you have.
If your application is inside Canada maybe you need to be living together during the entire process.

But our application is outside Canada, I am a PR here while my partner is in the Philippines so we can't live together.

hope this answer ur question :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SamHom said:
Ah! But in my case, me being applicant and my wife being sponsor (Canadian citizen) we could be apart while application is still being processed without it matter?
It wouldnt matter if the application is sent outland. Trips outside Canada has no bearing on PR application process, especially if sponsor is Canadian. If sponsor is PR, then PR is to remain in Canada during PR application, inland or outland. So the longer PR sponsor stays outside Canada, the more chance the application get rejected on account that PR is not staying in Canada as required. Thus leaving Canada on short trips up to 3 weeks Max is tolerated since considering typical vacation time 2-3 weeks. Going beyond 3 weeks, may bring doubt to CIC on whether you as PR is honouring the stay in Canada rule.

However if the application is sent inland trips outside Canada can effect outcome of application. The longer the sponsor or applicant stays outside Canada during inland, the greater the chance, application get rejected. Even more so for applicant if she/he gets denied back into Canada upon re-entry, the application becomes dead in the water.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi I just talked to CIC and they said that if your sponsor wants to travel abroad he/she can go ahead for one month or two. as long as you always follow the emails from them like if they need additional documents you need to submit it on time :)

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
screech339 said:
It wouldnt matter if the application is sent outland. Trips outside Canada has no bearing on PR application process, especially if sponsor is Canadian. If sponsor is PR, then PR is to remain in Canada during PR application, inland or outland. So the longer PR sponsor stays outside Canada, the more chance the application get rejected on account that PR is not staying in Canada as required. Thus leaving Canada on short trips up to 3 weeks Max is tolerated since considering typical vacation time 2-3 weeks. Going beyond 3 weeks, may bring doubt to CIC on whether you as PR is honouring the stay in Canada rule.

However if the application is sent inland trips outside Canada can effect outcome of application. The longer the sponsor or applicant stays outside Canada during inland, the greater the chance, application get rejected. Even more so for applicant if she/he gets denied back into Canada upon re-entry, the application becomes dead in the water.
Alright, but just so I get it straight, that only applies if sponsor is PR? My wife, the sponsor, is a Canadian citizen, her leaving Canada wouldn't affect our PR inland application? I know it's not a good idea for me to leave.

What about if she was registered at another address than me for a brief moment, would that matter? If I understand you that would only matter after PR had been granted.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SamHom said:
Alright, but just so I get it straight, that only applies if sponsor is PR? My wife, the sponsor, is a Canadian citizen, her leaving Canada wouldn't affect our PR inland application? I know it's not a good idea for me to leave.

What about if she was registered at another address than me for a brief moment, would that matter? If I understand you that would only matter after PR had been granted.
Inland has different sets of rules from outland. Inland does require both sponsor and applicant to remain in Canada living together during entire process. It doesn't matter if sponsor is Canadian or PR. The moment either sponsor or applicant leaves Canada, the longer he/she is outside Canada, the greater they put their application in jeopardy of being denied all on account that both are "NOT LIVING TOGETHER" in Canada.

Janix

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
superman2012 said:
Hi I just talked to CIC and they said that if your sponsor wants to travel abroad he/she can go ahead for one month or two. as long as you always follow the emails from them like if they need additional documents you need to submit it on time :)
Hi superman2012,

what type of sponsor are you pertaining here? a PR or a citizen?
and may i ask how did you contact CIC?
what's there contact number?

Thanks!

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Janix said:
Hi superman2012,

what type of sponsor are you pertaining here? a PR or a citizen?
and may i ask how did you contact CIC?
what's there contact number?

Thanks!
Hello, I am pertaining to PR partner. if you applied through outline then your partner who is PR can travel abroad, but make sure that you always check your email of your husband if there's any additional documents to be submit to CIC :)

Janix

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
superman2012 said:
Hello, I am pertaining to PR partner. if you applied through outline then your partner who is PR can travel abroad, but make sure that you always check your email of your husband if there's any additional documents to be submit to CIC :)
Thanks superman2012 for sharing this!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
screech339 said:
Inland has different sets of rules from outland. Inland does require both sponsor and applicant to remain in Canada living together during entire process. It doesn't matter if sponsor is Canadian or PR. The moment either sponsor or applicant leaves Canada, the longer he/she is outside Canada, the greater they put their application in jeopardy of being denied all on account that both are "NOT LIVING TOGETHER" in Canada.
So your saying that technically if my wife left Canada to visit a friend on the other side of the border for just a weekend, that alone could be enough for them to deny the application and it would be against the rules?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SamHom said:
So your saying that technically if my wife left Canada to visit a friend on the other side of the border for just a weekend, that alone could be enough for them to deny the application and it would be against the rules?

For inland application, your wife can leave Canada for a weekend, it is tolerated since she was temporary outside Canada. It falls within the expected vacation time length. However if your wife were to get denied back in, even though she is gone just for the weekend, her PR application will be dead in the water.

yaozm

Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015.
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
A month with your Family is not bad.
I always stay a month with my family every time I visit.
Take some pictures
Have fun and mend the bond that lossen on long distance relationships.

Cheers

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello. i just wanted to confirm as i just came across this group. I am the sponsor who is a canadian citizen. my husband lives in the middle east. I have been with him for 3 months in the middle east and am planning to go again. According to a few posts, me leaving Canada should not affect our application correct? Our application is an outland one.