+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave Canada Before PR Card Arrived (Family Emergency)

harryalm37

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to leave and then re-enter Canada without a PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document.

I need to return to the UK for a funeral next week and would be returning to Canada 4 days later, so I don't have time to apply for a PRTD when I get to the UK.

I have tried contacting CIC but their phone lines are constantly busy.

Thank you in advance.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to leave and then re-enter Canada without a PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document.

I need to return to the UK for a funeral next week and would be returning to Canada 4 days later, so I don't have time to apply for a PRTD when I get to the UK.

Thank you in advance.
Entering Canada with your COPR is not the problem but boarding your flight will be as you need a PR card or PRTD. One option would be fly to USA and enter via land border with your COPR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Agreed with the advice above. Without a PR card or PRTD, your only option is to fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border.