+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Layover at Montreal need to land at Pearson airport Toronto, we have 10 years TRV AND COPR

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I posted earlier about parents travelling via Lufthansa, from India to Toronto. Unfortunately before I could book the tickets, they were sold out.
I found that there are some really good deals at AirCanada website, like half the price deals.

I am just wondering, my parents hold 10 years valid TRV, and also COPR, stuck in their passport.

I know the first port of entry is where you land, this scenario applies for people who only have the one time entry PR visa or COPR. So they have no choice but land where the enter, in this case Montreal.
I was thinking, is it possible for my parents to not land at Montreal where they transit, and their next flight to Toronto Pearson (I assume domestic) is in the next 4 hours.

Is it possible for them to use their TRV at Montreal and claim they are just going to Toronto, and then once they reach Pearson, they can use their COPR to land succesffuly?
Or enter Canada simply with TRV and travel to Toronto, then go to Niagara to do their landing?

I would prefer if they landed in Toronto Pearson.

Can someone advice?

The price difference is so huge I had to ask.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
I posted earlier about parents travelling via Lufthansa, from India to Toronto. Unfortunately before I could book the tickets, they were sold out.
I found that there are some really good deals at AirCanada website, like half the price deals.

I am just wondering, my parents hold 10 years valid TRV, and also COPR, stuck in their passport.

I know the first port of entry is where you land, this scenario applies for people who only have the one time entry PR visa or COPR. So they have no choice but land where the enter, in this case Montreal.
I was thinking, is it possible for my parents to not land at Montreal where they transit, and their next flight to Toronto Pearson (I assume domestic) is in the next 4 hours.

Is it possible for them to use their TRV at Montreal and claim they are just going to Toronto, and then once they reach Pearson, they can use their COPR to land succesffuly?
Or enter Canada simply with TRV and travel to Toronto, then go to Niagara to do their landing?

Can someone advice?

Local flights wont have immigration check out . Your port of entry will be Montreal , wait for others to comment but that should be plain and simple

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they have a COPR, it's likely their TRV will (or soon will be) cancelled. They do their landing at the first port of entry.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Can someone advice?

No, it's not possible. As others have said, they need to go through immigration to land and that won't happen on a domestic flight. Landing needs to happen in Montreal. Not possible in Toronto in this scenario.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Can someone advice?

I missed the second part of your question... You "should" be able to do the Niagara thing through flagpoling. They would need to exit Canada and then re-enter through the land border. That should be doable. I don't think this should be an issue.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I missed the second part of your question... You "should" be able to do the Niagara thing through flagpoling. They would need to exit Canada and then re-enter through the land border. That should be doable. I don't think this should be an issue.

But I think this might be very hard for my parents to pull off as by the time they go there it would be very cold and they can't walk that far. I don't know, maybe I will just find some other flights. They will actually go to Niagara for sight seeing anyways, so I thought this would work, but I heard that Montreal is very tough with vaccinations and stuff, my parents are not vaccinated but they recovered from Covid a while back and they were advised not to vaccinate due to their heart issues.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
If they have a COPR, it's likely their TRV will (or soon will be) cancelled. They do their landing at the first port of entry.
Really? Is that true? If they have COPR unless they validate it, I don't think the TRV will expire. Like if they just don't want to land. I believe their TRV will only get cancelled if they go through the landing process.

Just googled it and there is what IRCC posted on twitter as a response to someone who asked the same..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Really? Is that true? If they have COPR unless they validate it, I don't think the TRV will expire. Like if they just don't want to land. I believe their TRV will only get cancelled if they go through the landing process.

Just googled it and there is what IRCC posted on twitter as a response to someone who asked the same..

TRV won't be canceled until after they land and become PRs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But I think this might be very hard for my parents to pull off as by the time they go there it would be very cold and they can't walk that far. I don't know, maybe I will just find some other flights. They will actually go to Niagara for sight seeing anyways, so I thought this would work, but I heard that Montreal is very tough with vaccinations and stuff, my parents are not vaccinated but they recovered from Covid a while back and they were advised not to vaccinate due to their heart issues.
If you mean walking across the border, then I'm not sure I would recommend that unless someone is really fit. Some of the crossings also don't allow pedestrians (cars only). If you have someone who can drive them, then this is a good option. Otherwise it's not, IMO.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada

Can someone advice?

There is no immigration crossing for domestic flights. They will have to go thru the landing process at first port of entry into Canada, Montreal in your case.

Reactions: YVR123