+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lay off from job while PR application with BCPNP in progress

r_frdias

Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for your response! This actually was not misinformation. As my employer (Public University) and I we both have to inform PNP but none of us infact forwarded my information. Also, with my employer I worked till August and they sent me salaries too for August month and the offer letter was till July. So, there were so many confusing things from my employer and myside. Therefore, in that confusion I was also not sure if I have to inform. The other reason because I had open work permit in my hand so did not informed.

Is there any way to resolve this matter? I mean if I volunterally tell them that at that time I was not aware of any change in job must be informed to PNP? Waiting for your response. Thanking in advance!
What was the stream you applied for? If it was with a job offer, yes you should have notified.
They are clear that you need to inform the BCPNP about any change in your job or the condition of the nomination while the PR is being processed.
Maybe try to contact the BCPNP now first? Check the program guide.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for your response! This actually was not misinformation. As my employer (Public University) and I we both have to inform PNP but none of us infact forwarded my information. Also, with my employer I worked till August and they sent me salaries too for August month and the offer letter was till July. So, there were so many confusing things from my employer and myside. Therefore, in that confusion I was also not sure if I have to inform. The other reason because I had open work permit in my hand so did not informed.

Is there any way to resolve this matter? I mean if I volunterally tell them that at that time I was not aware of any change in job must be informed to PNP? Waiting for your response. Thanking in advance!
Read page 5 of post nomination guide for BC PNP .
You were supposed to tell them but you hide it .
https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/04c0482c-1636-46c2-bdb0-cf45d1850175/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-EEBC-Post-Nomination-Guide.aspx#:~:text=Changes In Your Employment Status&text=The employer and applicant must,has closed or changed ownership.

Reactions: Princes Queen

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
What was the stream you applied for? If it was with a job offer, yes you should have notified.
They are clear that you need to inform the BCPNP about any change in your job or the condition of the nomination while the PR is being processed.
Maybe try to contact the BCPNP now first? Check the program guide.
I applied under BC Tech Pilot program. I had job offer and before my job contract expire I got Bridge Open Work Permit. I sent BOWP also informed them that I am continuing my job with same conditions. Moreover, also asked that if they need a new offer letter as previous was expired. But they did not responsded to my question. Then after 1 month I my job contract was expired. Because they (BCPNP) did not addressed my question "if they need a new job offer letter" so I thought they do not need it anymore even if I switch to new job.

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
To be honest I did not hide. I applied under BC Tech Pilot program. I had job offer and before my job contract expire I got Bridge Open Work Permit. I sent BOWP also informed them that I am continuing my job with same conditions. Moreover, also asked that if they need a new offer letter as previous was expired. But they did not responsded to my question. Then after 1 month my job contract was expired. Because they (BCPNP) did not addressed my question "if they need a new job offer letter" so I thought they do not need it anymore even if I switch to new job.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
To be honest I did not hide. I applied under BC Tech Pilot program. I had job offer and before my job contract expire I got Bridge Open Work Permit. I sent BOWP also informed them that I am continuing my job with same conditions. Moreover, also asked that if they need a new offer letter as previous was expired. But they did not responsded to my question. Then after 1 month my job contract was expired. Because they (BCPNP) did not addressed my question "if they need a new job offer letter" so I thought they do not need it anymore even if I switch to new job.
You were supposed to submit post nomination request through your online account where you submitted your PNP application while applying. Sending email was not an option . It’s all mentioned in your nomination letter. Anyway good luck .