Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
GurpreetSunny said:
I am having my own practice in delhi. I am into litigation so would like to continue the same but i feel this is a two year old process before licensing. I am searching on NCA centres in Delhi. They take papers here as well. I would like to give them before reaching there. Thanks a lot would like to connected. Thanks a lot
[/quote

Good luck and you can order the notes online.

Manoj Malik

Jul 17, 2017
I completed my B.A(Hons in Law) in 2011 and Whole degree that is B.A.LLB(Hons) 5yr in 2012 I got registered with Bar Council in nov 2012, can I show experience from 2011 when I completed bachelors and started working with a law firm ??
Employer is ready to give reference letter n all but i didn't file tax returns so will my experience be valid??
Thanks

rameezkhan87

Dec 22, 2019
Hi, did you get your PR through a PNP? I'm a lawyer waiting for a NOI from Alberta. Do I have any chances?
Can lawyers apply for PR under NOC 4112 ?
Is the even a demand for them. Because for many PNP demand occupations noc 4112 comes under those where it's not applicable.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all. I am alawyer from Delhi, India and in the pool for immigration (FSW)

I have read and being told outside lawyers have to struggle a lot before leading a comfortable life. Is it true that lawyers have to struggle more than normal in Canada. Anybody having any experience in canada plz comment and help. Regards
Struggle is a very subjective term. However, if you want to practice law in Canada, you will have to go through a exhaustive process, take exams, find an articling position, and take the bar exam. It takes 2 years.

As compared to other applicants who can get a job based solely on their foreign education, lawyers have to get a license before they can practice. Add this to the to you living in Canada and doing a job. It definitely is not easy, but not impossible either. It all depends on how well you plan.

I cannot say much about your specific situation. However, apply for NCA and try and take the NCA exams in your country of residence before even coming to Canada. If you have taken care of NCA process, you can start looking for an articling position even before you step foot in Canada, making the process way simpler.

Planning is the key.

rameezkhan87

Dec 22, 2019
And also, I have only scored a 50% in law. And my GPA wud be around 2. something. Is there any chance I can secure an admission in any university in LLM masters course in Canada. If yes. Can someone please help me out with finding what universities can give me an admission.
TIA.

Anniefif

Sep 29, 2019
Hey, did you get NOI from any province? I am in the same boat as yours.
Do foreign lawyers get Nominations under NOC 4112?
No news until now, as I've read, there are very low chances to get a PNP with our NOC. Apparently, the only way through a PR is improving your CRS.

ALPHABETIC

Jul 8, 2019
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Hello guys, I am happy to be part of this thread. I am also a lawyer practicing in Nigeria. CRS score is above 350, what are my chances in PNP?
Is there anyone (lawyer) here who has gotten NOI from a province using NOC 4112? Can we hear your story so we learn?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hello guys, I am happy to be part of this thread. I am also a lawyer practicing in Nigeria. CRS score is above 350, what are my chances in PNP?
Is there anyone (lawyer) here who has gotten NOI from a province using NOC 4112? Can we hear your story so we learn?
I'm a lawyer from Nigeria also. Lawyers don't get PNP because law is not an occupation in demand for provinces. What I did was to max out ielts score (L8.5, R9, S8, W7.5). I also learnt french last year and wrote TEF. That gave me a lot of leverage. Now I have ITA. That's the only way to get ITA as a lawyer.

Reactions: ALPHABETIC

RamanSohi

Aug 29, 2020
Hello all. I am alawyer from Delhi, India and in the pool for immigration (FSW)

I have read and being told outside lawyers have to struggle a lot before leading a comfortable life. Is it true that lawyers have to struggle more than normal in Canada. Anybody having any experience in canada plz comment and help. Regards
Hi, saw your thread... As I'm an advocate from Delhi and is looking for a Canadian PR. Can you help me knowing the procedure and possibilities??
Thanks