+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lawsuit to stop BILL C24 : Member Crimesinister

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
crimesinister said:
I urgently need PRs affected by the provisions coming into force on June 11 to share their stories about how these regulations coming into force without consultation will cause irreparable harm. No court in Canada will grant an injunction without showing irreparable harm, so this is critical.

"Irreparable harm" deals with the nature of the harm, rather than its magnitude. This is harm which cannot be quantified in monetary terms or which cannot be cured, usually because a party cannot collect damages from the other.
Do you think if we speak they`ll listen and say okay we are unfair to these people ( people who cannot use their pre-PR days especially)?

As long as the Conservative government has the majority in the parliament,they`ll not even care about your problem.Because they have the POWER.So they`ll rule as they wish.Because they always focus on what current Canadians think.Mostly,current Canadians tend not to bring more immigrants into Canada,or not willing to care about immigrants`prosperity.This is because they don`t want to share the PIE that exists.

This is human nature.When you aren`t in a bad situation,let`s say unless you are sick,you cannot develop empathy.This is so hard for individuals.Almost impossible in politics and Government management.

Being majority is the biggest problem in governments today because they usually have nearly unlimited power they can use.

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
buddhaB said:
Do you think if we speak they`ll listen and say okay we are unfair to these people ( people who cannot use their pre-PR days especially)?

As long as the Conservative government has the majority in the parliament,they`ll not even care about your problem.Because they have the POWER.So they`ll rule as they wish.Because they always focus on what current Canadians think.Mostly,current Canadians tend not to bring more immigrants into Canada,or not willing to care about immigrants`prosperity.This is because they don`t want to share the PIE that exists.

This is human nature.When you aren`t in a bad situation,let`s say unless you are sick,you cannot develop empathy.This is so hard for individuals.Almost impossible in politics and Government management.

Being majority is the biggest problem in governments today because they usually have nearly unlimited power they can use.
This has nothing to do with the Parliament. This is going to be a matter before the courts.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
crimesinister said:
This has nothing to do with the Parliament. This is going to be a matter before the courts.
the parliament has created the problem you are complaining about my friend.Look at the bigger picture.What are you going to demand from the court? Would you share with us?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngag said:
We did not know these rules in advance. We planned our lives, careers and finances based on a definite timeline, after which we are free to make our living in better job-providing countries. It is no secret that the Canadian economy is slowing down and there are almost are no jobs in many fields that cost us fortunes to earn our degrees in. It is against any constitution to keep us imprisoned in our countries (where ever we come from) while we can have better jobs abroad. After I got my PR, I planned for a 2-year period of my life wasted in part-time low-paying jobs in order to be a citizen, fair enough after 8-years staying in Canada. I cannot be SURPRISED by new laws forcing me to waste another 2 years.
It would be amazing to listen your statement before a judge ;D
Your lawyer would want the earth swallow him.

I'll be more beneficial to the Canadian economy working abroad and contributing to the economy by paying taxes from where ever I live.
If you reside abroad, you don't pay taxes in Canada except you have business, properties, etc here but you don't pay taxes regarding your work income so I guess you have no idea what you're talking about.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
LOL! Funny stuff

peterperez said:
Contact : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/crimesinister-u563071.html

Member : crimesinister

You can browse him he is in this site going to file lawsuit

Please try to help him financially if you wanna stop this bill

His member is crimesinister

I'm planning to mount and injunction to stop the provisions of Bill C-24 coming into force on June 11. The basis of my injunction are as follows:

1. CIC didn't pre-publish the proposed regulation in the Canada Gazette, Part I as required by specific legal requirements set out in the Statutory Instruments Act and by policy requirements that are articulated in the Cabinet Directive on Streamlining Regulation (CDSR). CIC did publish "Notice of Intent," but not the proposed regulations including the regulatory impact assessment statement (RIAS). In Tłı̨chǫ Government v. Canada (Attorney General), the court held that "Consultation in a manner that conforms to the legal obligations of the consulting party must occur before the impugned activity takes place. As it is aimed at fostering agreement, consultation which occurs after the fact will likely be largely meaningless and the harm that ensues cannot be compensated through damages" and granted Tłı̨chǫ Government injuctive relief and ordered suspending the coming into force of the impugned regulations.

2. Just for good measure, I am going to argue that the "intent to reside" provision of the regulations coming into force are not compatible with the S6 of the Charter with states 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada

My plan is to get a lawyer first thing Monday morning and proceed with this. I invite anyone interested to collaborate with me to make this happen by responding here.

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Can someone please close this topic, make more room for important stuff, like Disappearing Lines or Crop Circles ...

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
wd1 said:
Can someone please close this topic, make more room for important stuff, like Disappearing Lines or Crop Circles ...
+1

Agreed

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Ignore the topic if it pains you so much!

wd1 said:

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
This whole C-24 lawsuit is pointless. If you wanted to protest or make a lawsuit against the C-24 you should have done it before it got Royal Assent in June 2014. The Bill was debated sooooo many times already, and any suggestion that people didn't know about it is non-sensical. I'm afraid people just have to accept that the Tories have a majority in this country (which begs the question how and why?!?!?!?!) and hence they can pass laws such as this one. I understand the frustration but the time to protest has been over a while ago unfortunately.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crimesinister said:
I'm not arguing about the supremacy of Parliament. That's matters relating to that are not justiciable. However, CIC had to follow certain legally mandated procedures before they register the new regulations, part of which involves consultation with stakeholders AFTER the propose regulations have been pre-published in Gazette I and BEFORE they're registered and published in Gazette II. I specifically wrote to them during the firs comment period that I wish to partake in consultation following the pre-publication of the proposed regulations. They are, by law, required to give me the opportunity to do so. But they didn't. I want courts to order the GIC to refrain from registering the regulations until proper consultations have taken place.
If you'd like to point out what they're in violation of, be my guest. The idea that you, personally, are entitled to a meeting (or, really, anything short of sending them a letter containing your thoughts on the matter) before the government goes ahead with implementation of the changes, is not supported by anything I can find. You're welcome to speak your mind about the changes, but they're not obligated to deviate from their planned course just because you disagree with it.

crimesinister said:
The government can turn around and say "Hey, you promised that your intention was to reside in Canada, but now you're jetting off to a foreign land. So you lied." and take away their citizenship.
If you started making plans to leave Canada before taking the oath, then you would not have met the requirements for citizenship, as you would have stopped intending to continue residing in Canada. This is a restriction on a non-citizen's mobility.

crimesinister said:
I am all for stopping citizens of convenience, but, we can't let the government violate the Charter willy nilly.
Again, the residency restrictions do not apply to your intentions once you've become a citizen, only beforehand, so there's no restriction on citizens' mobility rights.

crimesinister said:
I urgently need PRs affected by the provisions coming into force on June 11 to share their stories about how these regulations coming into force without consultation will cause irreparable harm. No court in Canada will grant an injunction without showing irreparable harm, so this is critical.
The only "harm" that seems to be done in this case is the inability of PRs to move freely into and out of Canada. Unfortunately, such mobility for PRs is not constitutionally protected. The government is not obligated to make it easier for you to move outside the country to get a job.

If you want to set your sights on something, aim at the revocation provisions of C-24, which violate the right not to be discriminated against on the basis of "national or ethnic origin," since whether another country considers you a citizen, or will even let you renounce that other country's citizenship, is highly correlated with national/ethnic origin. The new residency requirements aren't going anywhere.

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
YorkFactory said:
If you'd like to point out what they're in violation of, be my guest. The idea that you, personally, are entitled to a meeting (or, really, anything short of sending them a letter containing your thoughts on the matter) before the government goes ahead with implementation of the changes, is not supported by anything I can find. You're welcome to speak your mind about the changes, but they're not obligated to deviate from their planned course just because you disagree with it.

If you started making plans to leave Canada before taking the oath, then you would not have met the requirements for citizenship, as you would have stopped intending to continue residing in Canada. This is a restriction on a non-citizen's mobility.

Again, the residency restrictions do not apply to your intentions once you've become a citizen, only beforehand, so there's no restriction on citizens' mobility rights.

The only "harm" that seems to be done in this case is the inability of PRs to move freely into and out of Canada. Unfortunately, such mobility for PRs is not constitutionally protected. The government is not obligated to make it easier for you to move outside the country to get a job.

If you want to set your sights on something, aim at the revocation provisions of C-24, which violate the right not to be discriminated against on the basis of "national or ethnic origin," since whether another country considers you a citizen, or will even let you renounce that other country's citizenship, is highly correlated with national/ethnic origin. The new residency requirements aren't going anywhere.
Very well said YorkFactory. Now, can we all just move on???

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
crimesinister said:
We don't have time for a class action suit. I've emailed Rocco Galati. Let's see a) if he's willing to take the case b) how much it's going to cost.
Crimesinister whats the update of the lawsuit friend

Did you get more members or grip of people to file ?

whats the status of the drafting?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I thought I posted what is below before; perhaps there is another topic in which an issue about compliance with procedures for giving notice of proposed regulations has been raised.

In any event, the short observation is that the Statutory Provisions governing grant citizenship requirements take effect Wednesday, June 11, 2015.

These were published well in advance in compliance with the letter of the law (published in First Reading February 6, 2014) even though not quite in the spirit (Bill C-24 was forced through by a majority government with less debate than it deserved, but in compliance with Parliamentary procedure), as well as in final form following Royal Assent, June 19, 2014.

And they were officially published in Part III of the Gazette August 13, 2014.

And it is these provisions, these statutory provisions, NOT Regulations which will govern all applications for naturalization beginning June 11, 2015, imposing the 4/6 rule, the 4 X 183 rule, and the intent to continue to reside in Canada rule.

There were proposed regulations published in February in the Gazette and notice of proposal to amend regulations in March. My understanding of the procedural requirements is that these met the letter of the law, even if again not the spirit. But even if any of the regulations which are coming into effect are NOT valid, for whatever reason, lack of proper notice or whatever, that does NOT invalidate the applicable statutory provisions, and it is the latter, the statutory provisions, which impose the 4/6 rule, the 4 X 183 rule, and the intent to continue to reside in Canada rule.

The longer explanation I thought I had already posted:

I am no expert regarding the procedural requirements for pre-publication of proposed regulations, but my understanding is that there is a difference between regulations specifically mandated by statute versus those authorized by statute. The notices in the Gazette in February and March appear to reflect this distinction, those in effect authorized by the statutory provisions were indeed set out as specific proposed regulations, and those mandated by the statutory provisions were noticed as well but without the specifically proposed regulations being published. My impression is this complies with the requirements, is not illegal, and the coming into force of the respective changes in regulations is at least presumably valid.

However, regardless of the validity of whatever regulations are coming into force Wednesday June 11, since the Governor in Council has made an Order fixing Wednesday June 11 as the date the respective provisions of the SCCA are to come into force, that means the new requirements are in force as of Wednesday June 11 . . . and even if CIC had no new regulations drafted let alone adopted for the purpose of applying the revised requirements, the revised requirements are still in force as of June 11. Even if any and all new Regulations adopted for implementing the revised requirements are indeed NOT valid, the revised requirements are still in force as of June 11.

Statutory provisions always trump Regulations. The revised residency requirements are mandated by statute, by the SCCA as published in Part III of the Gazette August 13, 2014, and will be in force as of June 11 pursuant to an Order made by the Governor in Council (which I think was probably May 28th, or shortly before that).

In any event, the failure to pre-publish any applicable regulations is NOT a ground upon which the provisions of Bill C-24 can be enjoined from coming into force. The SCCA is law, given Royal Assent June 19, 2014, officially published in the Gazette Part III August 13, 2014, and now there is an Order they come into force as of June 11, 2015. DONE DEAL. Valid deal.