+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Law from India - ECA queries

moaningmyrtle

Sep 16, 2018
Hi everyone. I see that there are a lot of conflicting opinions here on ECA results for those holding BALLB(Hons) courses from India. Apparently both WES and IQAS have given positive or negative results to different people.

I certainly don't want my degree to be assessed as a mere Bachelors Degree as it consists of Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB), though it was an integrated program of 5 yrs.

pls advise me on:

1. should I use WES or IQAS for ECA? or something else
2. should I show my degree as two degree (BA and LLB) instead of one degree when applying for ECA to at least claim points for two degrees?

thanks all

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone. I see that there are a lot of conflicting opinions here on ECA results for those holding BALLB(Hons) courses from India. Apparently both WES and IQAS have given positive or negative results to different people.

I certainly don't want my degree to be assessed as a mere Bachelors Degree as it consists of Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB), though it was an integrated program of 5 yrs.

pls advise me on:

2. should I show my degree as two degree (BA and LLB) instead of one degree when applying for ECA to at least claim points for two degrees?

thanks all
If your age is less than 32 and you are single and IELTS score is 8777 (CLB 9), go with WES.

Else go with IQAS.

iugbd

Dec 2, 2018

pls advise me on:

thanks all
Hey! Which agency did you finally go ahead with? And any outcome so far?

nikhilrajpurohit

Aug 29, 2019

pls advise me on:

thanks all
any progress?

gaurav_3415

Feb 6, 2021
Hi I have a Bachelor's of Law (Hons.) 5-year course from GGSIPU - If we proceed to get ECA from WES then they would assess it as Bachelor's Degree (4 year) as per the WES equivalency tool.

It seems that IQAS or CES would evaluate this as a First Professional Degree - Can someone please confirm this? Or confirm where should I get the ECA done from?

The CRS points would drastically change in the scenario. Also, IRCC claims that Law degrees are professional degrees and extra points can be claimed even if it's assessed as a "Bachelors of Law" or "First Professional Degree"

Thanks
Gaurav