+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latent tb

angheldavid

Aug 20, 2017
Hi,

My spouse is now for passport request but unfortunately was diagnosed with latent tb , she was just recently diagnosed and had no idea she has it when she had her medical examination. We have no idea what to do next? I hope someone might helo us. Thank you!

Angel

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Nothing to worry if it's a latent TB. When she gets her visa and COPR, a medical surveillance form will be attached to it. Upon landing, she will have 30 days to call and report at a public health authority in the province or territory where she will live and she will have to bring there the medical surveillance form.

angheldavid

Aug 20, 2017
Hi survivor 27,

Thank you very much for your response. So where do we the medical surveillance form? Should we inform CIC about it? Thanks.

Angel

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
As mentioned, the form will be attached when your spouse gets the COPR. When did your spouse receive the PPR and from what VO, if I may ask? Thanks.

C

Classic Chucks

Nothing to worry if it's a latent TB. When she gets her visa and COPR, a medical surveillance form will be attached to it. Upon landing, she will have 30 days to call and report at a public health authority in the province or territory where she will live and she will have to bring there the medical surveillance form.
Incorrect. Medical surveillance form won't be attached to it as CIC isn't aware of the condition. The onus is on the applicant to report the medical change prior to landing. Reporting it will require additional medical testing. Not reporting it will be misrepresentation.

Reactions: spousalsponsee
C

Classic Chucks

As mentioned, the form will be attached when your spouse gets the COPR. When did your spouse receive the PPR and from what VO, if I may ask? Thanks.
Again, the poster is implying that CIC is not aware of the change in health condition. So how can they have a medical surveillance form? The issue here is whether to report the change or not; undergo additional tests or just have it checked upon landing. The onus is on the applicant to be honest

Reactions: spousalsponsee

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Again, the poster is implying that CIC is not aware of the change in health condition. So how can they have a medical surveillance form? The issue here is whether to report the change or not; undergo additional tests or just have it checked upon landing. The onus is on the applicant to be honest
You may be right. But, when the poster mentioned that the spouse, "....had no idea she has it when she had her medical examination.", it's the panel physician who presumed the diagnosis. Thus, IRCC/VO is already aware. This is why a medical surveillance form will be attached with the COPR. I say this based on experience as I was also not aware I have latent TB. Was also surprised because I received a message with medical surveillance form the same time I received the PPR.

Reactions: abseven
C

Classic Chucks

@angheldavid When did he have the medical and when was he diagnosed? Who did the diagnosis? If CIC is not aware of the medical issue, inform asap.

Provide more info because your posts are confusing.

angheldavid

Aug 20, 2017
She had her medical last March 2017. Was diagnosed at her work in the hosp (Saudi) just today. So she had no idea she had it until now.

Nov 28, 2020
Hi all jus a humble request from u all ...plz put some light on old tb scar problem in canada immigration process....i have a old scar n im planning to start my pr process..will my pr form b rejected because of this issue in this 2020 era...

Jamie2122

Sep 6, 2022
Hi,

I need your advice. My husband was ask to do furtherance like sputum test and repeat xray. We are now waiting for his scheduled test however he just received an email from IRCC for proof of IME completion, when we checked the portal the new update says they already received the proof of completion l, Iam now confused which document they are requiring him to submit. They are giving us 30days to submit proof.He also did not received any documentation from panel physician. I believe they’re working with emedical. Please help us.
Just want to

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
You may be right. But, when the poster mentioned that the spouse, "....had no idea she has it when she had her medical examination.", it's the panel physician who presumed the diagnosis. Thus, IRCC/VO is already aware. This is why a medical surveillance form will be attached with the COPR. I say this based on experience as I was also not aware I have latent TB. Was also surprised because I received a message with medical surveillance form the same time I received the PPR.
Hello! Please check your messages! I have a question, it'll be of great help