+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late PCC.....

rajuindia

Apr 16, 2013
I applied for my PCC in November'12. Thinking the max. time limit is of 6 weeks, i applied for PR in Jan,2013. With no progress in PCC, I enquired about it in Jan, got to know that it was still there in Toronto. After my enquiry it has been sent to my home town in Feb, where the police verification has been done in April...but it still is lying in the office.Not sure when it'll be sent here, and when it will finally reach....... Any solutions or similar experience ????

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Are you saying that u applied for PCC at CGI / VFS in Nov and 6 months you have still not got it ? Never heard of 6 months PCC processing at CGI anytime.
Not sure why are you worrying about what is happening with Police verification at your hometown. Go to CGI and bang the table... 6 months is no joke.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
You are a Jan 2013 applicant and your application processing might start in another 2 months.

AmitinCanada

Mar 15, 2013
It is almost the same case with me. applied in Dec though and CGI says, we sent the file and is pending from local office. Local office has no information on it and no record.

rajuindia

Apr 16, 2013
Andy2109 said:
Are you saying that u applied for PCC at CGI / VFS in Nov and 6 months you have still not got it ? Never heard of 6 months PCC processing at CGI anytime.
Not sure why are you worrying about what is happening with Police verification at your hometown. Go to CGI and bang the table... 6 months is no joke.
Yes, I applied in Nov at CGI/VFS . CGI ppl r saying we cant help, rules have changed and unless we receive it back, we cant do anything....

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
rajuindia said:
I applied for my PCC in November'12. Thinking the max. time limit is of 6 weeks, i applied for PR in Jan,2013. With no progress in PCC, I enquired about it in Jan, got to know that it was still there in Toronto. After my enquiry it has been sent to my home town in Feb, where the police verification has been done in April...but it still is lying in the office.Not sure when it'll be sent here, and when it will finally reach....... Any solutions or similar experience ????
Did you submit your passport as well with the application? if not, you can reapply through BLS and see if comes sooner.

ravskabra

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
rajuindia said:
I had applied my PCC at the bigining of Jan and received it at the end of Feb, exactly after 6 weeks. BTW When I applied at VFS the officer sitting at the office told me that it may 6 weeks or longer. How long? He did mention that may take two months as well sometimes if they need to get the PCC from remote area. So, it may depend on from which part are you belong to? BUt in ur case, 6 months it's too much... BTW what does it show on your online status?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Agree with ravskabra. 6-8 weeks is the processing time. But holding someone's passport for 6 months is ridiculous. Not sure if you have tried approaching CGI in person.
Should give them max 8 weeks time to process and then go in person with a travel itinerary saying you have to travel.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
I have the same experience. I had applied for PCC in March 1st week through BLS and I still haven't got any response.

I went to CGI Toronto with a travel itinerary and they told me that the only way is to withdraw the application or wait, and if I withdraw my application, I will not get any money back and the process will be stopped immediately. If I reapply then they would start the whole process from beginning. I'm not sure what to do now. I even checked with the local office in India and they said they haven't received my file.

As of now I postponed my travel and waiting for my PCC. Not sure what to do now.

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually CGI takes only a week or 2 to return passport with PCC.
Some passports drawn under tatkal scheme or new passports given lieu of old passports are also not police cleared in ministry of external affairs database. This kind of cases takes long time, and Indian CGI standards it will never get cleared status as this things has to get clearance from authorities present in india (where they need 100-200 bucks).

The truth is if you didn't received your PCC in 15 days, widraw your application. Go to india and get police clearance from regional passport office or your area SP office. that's the bitter truth.

rajuindia

Apr 16, 2013
PA1984 said:
Usually CGI takes only a week or 2 to return passport with PCC.
Some passports drawn under tatkal scheme or new passports given lieu of old passports are also not police cleared in ministry of external affairs database. This kind of cases takes long time, and Indian CGI standards it will never get cleared status as this things has to get clearance from authorities present in india (where they need 100-200 bucks).

The truth is if you didn't received your PCC in 15 days, widraw your application. Go to india and get police clearance from regional passport office or your area SP office. that's the bitter truth.
My case is somewhat similar....m in canada for the last 4 years and had a poassport renewal 2 yrs back....thts the reason its getting delayed...but this is way too much....6 months....

godzilla

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-04-2013 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
@rajuindia

6 weeks is just an indicative time. It's not hard timeline.

I have gone through similar experience. It took 5 months for my PCC to come.

Problem is not with the VFS/Consulate. They are just middle man. They don't have authority to issue PCC unless it's cleared from India local police station. Going to consulate and shouting at them would not change the process. They have to wait.

Solution would be to inquire in the lndia local police station(commissioner office). Provide them the CANT Number to track the application. They may ask for few more documents there. Once Police send there clearance, consulate would issue the PCC.

godzilla

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-04-2013 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
Also, in your case, police verification has been done in April. So try to find out how the police sent the clearance. Try to get courier number etc. And track that. May be they did not send it by courier. They sent it by normal post? That can take 20-25 days(or more) to reach Toronto. So try to track that.