+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late honeymoon

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
My spouse and I had our honeymoon months after we got married and only went for 2 nights,3days. Would IO be suspiscious?

ANd we didn't have a formal engagement ceremony but we had dinner's with family and friends.. The dates of those were scattered too.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
I think there's no specific length of period for honeymoon for it to be genuine as it would be on a case per case basis, some people dont have time off or budget. Me and hubby only went on a 4days 3 nights honeymoon as i didnt have many time off work what with weddings receptions in 2 diff city eating into it. But we had many mini honeymoons after the wedding, short getaways on long weekends to make up for it. You should prove the marriage is continous and genuine, not only tick all the appropriate boxes in evidence.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, just explain why. We only had a 2 night "mini-moon" and just explained that we were waiting to take the "honeymoon" later on, after the immigration process. So, I think as long as you explain whatever your reasoning is (preference of several short trips instead of one long one, or whatever), you will have answered any potential questions or concerns for the officer.

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't even have a honeymoon yet..
However, I got a letter from VO which waived me an selection interview. It says it expects to finalize my application and issue me a visa upon receipts of all documents.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I got to talk to my hubby, after 12 years i still havnt had my honeymoon lol, hmm,now where did i put those holiday brochures... :)

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandyUK said:
I got to talk to my hubby, after 12 years i still havnt had my honeymoon lol, hmm,now where did i put those holiday brochures... :)
:D :D :D

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
My spouse and I had our honeymoon months after we got married and only went for 2 nights,3days. Would IO be suspiscious?

ANd we didn't have a formal engagement ceremony but we had dinner's with family and friends.. The dates of those were scattered too.
Don't worry. I get no honeymoon and formal engagement ceremony as you do. I explained to IO that me and my husband are not event-planning type and we just wanted to celebrate our wedding dining out with family and friends. I attached in my applications all the photos we dined out with family and friends

The IO accepted this and waived me an interview.

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
I understand what you guys are saying. My spouse and I haven't had our wedding ceremony yet and the reason is because we want to have it in Canada when my spouse receives her PR and everything is settled in our lives. I mean there is absolutely nothing false in the information I am providing in my entire application. BUT... we always want to make sure to inform them the right way to make them KNOW that this is how it is. Because we definitely want this application to go through without any requests for interviews or any delays due to some stupid reason. That's why I try to ask a lot of questions in the smallest details as possible.

Thanks, guys!

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
We also haven't had one yet - after PR and we're settled in Canada. With 4 kids all these changes happening for them, I wasn't going to take off to the bahamas for a week. We explained that on the form. I'm certain they'll understand.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
I understand what you guys are saying. My spouse and I haven't had our wedding ceremony yet and the reason is because we want to have it in Canada when my spouse receives her PR and everything is settled in our lives. I mean there is absolutely nothing false in the information I am providing in my entire application. BUT... we always want to make sure to inform them the right way to make them KNOW that this is how it is. Because we definitely want this application to go through without any requests for interviews or any delays due to some stupid reason. That's why I try to ask a lot of questions in the smallest details as possible.

Thanks, guys!
But you are married and had a courthouse ceremony? If had a courthouse wedding now and you want to have a bigger, community celebration later on, I think it is good idea to explain your plans in the application. If you are waiting to have a bigger celebration (in your country and/or in the partner's country) because you want to save up money, or until your spouse has PR and can travel freely, or whatever the reasoning is... Or if you wanted a private ceremony because that is how you envisioned getting married, you just could say that and explain why that type of ceremony was important to you as a couple, and maybe describe how you shared the news with each of your families (if you have).