+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LATAM Study Permit - Mexico Office

Jun 9, 2021
I applied at the end of Feb and this is my timeline:

So reading this forum, my timeline is very strange:

Review of eligibility
Subconfirmation: Feb 28
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
May 18, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Biometrics March 3, 2021 Completed.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It's been almost a month since the medical exam, is this normal for LATAM?

I am in my 30's working in marketing management, towards a two year program (chosen by an agency) I paid the first year, with over 40K CAD and showed support from my parents, my car title, my employment showing my current working experience as a manager of 4 years. I have a bachelor's of advertising and I have also traveled to USA, MX, COL numerous times for tourism.

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hi I am a non-sds applicant from Dominican Republic

Application submitted:17 February
Biometric instruction letter: 18February
Biometric completed and updated :24th February
Medical examination: waiting for request
Eligibility review started:29 March
Additional Documents request: 29 March
Background review started: 29 March

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Posting here for my sister who applied from Honduras online to the mexico office.
Online app May 5
biometrics instruction: may7
biometrics completed: may 14
no further updates

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi I am a non-sds applicant from Dominican Republic

Application submitted:17 February
Biometric instruction letter: 18February
Biometric completed and updated :24th February
Eligibility review started:29 March
Additional Documents request: 29 March
Background review started: 29 March
Hi, may i ask what was your Additional Documents request ? thanks!

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
oh ok, odd but as long as youve got enough funds it should be ok! keep us posted and good luck!
In my case the problem was, when I applied to the study permit on February my bank statements were until December and they asked the update documents on March, so that's why.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
In my case the problem was, when I applied to the study permit on February my bank statements were until December and they asked the update documents on March, so that's why.
ah ok that makes sense! thanks for the clarification (gives me some peace of mind haha). did you submit anything else beyond bank statement? for my sister, my mom just submitted her bank statement (showing atleast 10k above tuition+room/board+fees). i wonder if we shouldve submitted my mom's salary and other assets or that good bank statement is enough

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
ah ok that makes sense! thanks for the clarification (gives me some peace of mind haha). did you submit anything else beyond bank statement? for my sister, my mom just submitted her bank statement (showing atleast 10k above tuition+room/board+fees). i wonder if we shouldve submitted my mom's salary and other assets or that good bank statement is enough
In addition to the bank statements they asked for My Letter of acceptance from College, they asked for the original one, I didn't understand that part because in my application I submitted the original, so I uploaded the same with email from College with the explanation that letter is Original.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
In addition to the bank statements they asked for My Letter of acceptance from College, they asked for the original one, I didn't understand that part because in my application I submitted the original, so I uploaded the same with email from College with the explanation that letter is Original.
yea that one is a bit odd -- does your LOA have the 'defined length of program' and all the tution/fees info? maybe the original was a bit too basic. My sister's LOA is 3 pages long with a bunch of info about the program, fees, U Calgary's info (such as DLI and address, program managers etc etc). maybe they were expecting one like that?

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
yea that one is a bit odd -- does your LOA have the 'defined length of program' and all the tution/fees info? maybe the original was a bit too basic. My sister's LOA is 3 pages long with a bunch of info about the program, fees, U Calgary's info (such as DLI and address, program managers etc etc). maybe they were expecting one like that?
Mine is 3 pages too, has all the information about the program, cost, length of the program and stuff like that.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Mine is 3 pages too, has all the information about the program, cost, length of the program and stuff like that.
yea i have no idea what they wanted then, i guess we'll see if we get the same request and ill post any updates here! (hopefully eligiblity starts soon!)