+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last steps..Asking for passport..

ar169

Mar 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
I got an email from CIC asking for passport within 30 days on the 18th last month.

Since then, I have tried to ask USPS/Fedex about sending my passport with a prepaid return label (from USA), but both told me they dont give out prepaid return labels for International.

I contacted CIC to ask for an appointment at visa office. They gave me details of CVAC in New York and I contacted them through phone. However, the operator didnt even have a clue that they issue Permanent Residence visas and told me they dont it do there.

Now, I have time running out and I am totally confused what to do? Can someone please advice

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Very worried.pls let me know if anyone has experience with this?
Usually passports are sent to the local embassy. Don't you have one? From what I looked up it's in Washington DC so try giving them a call instead? Or maybe the operator has no clue, ask for his superior or something

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
I created a FedEx account and created both shipping and return shipping labels. Once you have created an account, you can call them to guide through the process. Make sure to print the commercial invoices as well.

Also there are many threads on sending passports to CPC Ottawa office, you can check them for reference.

Reactions: jazzyapd

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Usually passports are sent to the local embassy. Don't you have one? From what I looked up it's in Washington DC so try giving them a call instead? Or maybe the operator has no clue, ask for his superior or something
Have to send to Ottawa office.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi everyone,
I got an email from CIC asking for passport within 30 days on the 18th last month.

Since then, I have tried to ask USPS/Fedex about sending my passport with a prepaid return label (from USA), but both told me they dont give out prepaid return labels for International.

I contacted CIC to ask for an appointment at visa office. They gave me details of CVAC in New York and I contacted them through phone. However, the operator didnt even have a clue that they issue Permanent Residence visas and told me they dont it do there.

Now, I have time running out and I am totally confused what to do? Can someone please advice
Look at the original email you received from CIC. It should contain details about how and where to send your passport. Good luck.

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

You have to create an UPS online account and create your own shipping labels including the prepaid return shipping label. Print the labels and take them to a UPS store and mail it off to the Ottawa office as specified in your PPR email.
Maybe other couriers have similar service as well I'm not sure.

Check this thread for more info
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passports-to-cpc-ottawa-august-2017.511140/