+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last resort - planning to study for getting a PR

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Hi all,

I need your inputs. I'm a Graduate in Commerce having completed 15 years of education with pass class (second attempt).

I'm interested to move to Canada by enrolling for an MBA through VIU.

What are my chances of getting into this university and does this require GMAT? Overall, I have an experience of 10+ years in BPO back in India working currently as a Team Lead.

Also, I'm married, so will I be able to take my wife along later?

Please please help.

Thanks!

Harman Dhamija

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
28/5/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
12/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
No viu does not require gmat however u have take ielts and score 6.5 bands with not less than 6 bands in each modules.

Nd also wat urs % in ur graduation.

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Harman Dhamija said:
No viu does not require gmat however u have take ielts and score 6.5 bands with not less than 6 bands in each modules.

Nd also wat urs % in ur graduation.
Thanks for your reply. About 43%. I had few questions:

Is VIU degree recognized by Canada Immigration authorities for PR?
Will I be able to take my wife along during my studies or only after?
Can I or my wife work while I study?

It will be nice to receive inputs asap.

Harman Dhamija

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
28/5/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
12/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
:eek:
See sir 43% will be a issue bcos canadian universities require 1st or 2nd division in your bachelors degree.

Otherwise VIU is a recognised university.

Harman Dhamija

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
28/5/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
12/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
And i dont knw abt the family procedure.

U can check the canadian immigration webiste.
Ur queries will be answered.

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks for your inputs.

Could anybody let me know if Vancouver Island University is recognized by competent regulatory bodies in Canada for the purpose of employment there?

What's the success rate of getting a work visa for my wife? Will it be granted even if I enrol for a diploma course first?

William G

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
linus27 said:
Someone please help :(
Hello Linus,

To be honest it would be close to impossible to get into VIU looking at your grades. Sorry bro, Don't take me rude but Its the same issue with me. I secured Second class after my Graduation in Commerce, and I intended to do a dual masters program from VIU. the course duration is 14 months.

In stead now im planning to do a 1 yr diploma from any spp colleges like George Brown, Fanshawe, Centennial, Humber or Seneca. All are good colleges.

If you are planning for a 3 yr work permit then go for a 2 year course, as there are not many out there. Except for Centennial , Fanshawe and Humber.

Choose your college carefully taking into consideration, course fees, course syllabus, imp of course in Canadian employment market, how expensive is the accommodation near by college (If you cannot afford On-campus accommodation ) and part time job availability near the college ( If you really require).

There are many factors that determine how early you get a job after your course.
I f you are confident enough that you will get a job after 1 year or course then go for 1 year course, as it is after 6 months of course you will get idea as in you really want to purse another program or not?
then go ahead and apply for again 1 year in some college so that you have secured your seat and automatically you will get a 3 year work permit after completion of work.

I would suggest go for a 1 + 1 diploma that will ensure a 3 year work permit. and also you will get exposure to 2 different subjects, (eg. PG dip in Int. Business Mgmt + 1 yr pg diploma in marketing or Project managemnt)

Choice is yours. Its better the courses are inter-linked so that you have hold over both the subjects.

Regards,

William

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
I wanted to know the following:

Credibility of Vancouver Island University.
I cleared graduation in the second attempt. So I'm thinking of pursuing a Post Degree Diploma in Business from the same university, get good grades and enrol myself for MBA there. Are there universities which have a similar option in my case?
I'm married. What are the chances of getting my wife on a work permit later during the PDDB?
Are there Universities which accept students without GMAT and are popular with International Students in places like Vancouver City and Toronto?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I wanted to know the following:

Credibility of Vancouver Island University.
I cleared graduation in the second attempt. So I'm thinking of pursuing a Post Degree Diploma in Business from the same university, get good grades and enrol myself for MBA there. Are there universities which have a similar option in my case?
I'm married. What are the chances of getting my wife on a work permit later during the PDDB?
Are there Universities which accept students without GMAT and are popular with International Students in places like Vancouver City and Toronto?

Thanks!
Wouldn’t recommend the MBA at VIU. Places like VIU, Canada West and others cater mainly to international students and many employers have never heard of them. The program is not well known and not considered a high quality MBA. If almost all others require a GMAT you have to wonder why a few programs don’t. There are never any guarantees a spouse can accompany an international student.

Your biggest issue will be getting a study permit not getting accepted to a school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Linus,

To be honest it would be close to impossible to get into VIU looking at your grades. Sorry bro, Don't take me rude but Its the same issue with me. I secured Second class after my Graduation in Commerce, and I intended to do a dual masters program from VIU. the course duration is 14 months.

In stead now im planning to do a 1 yr diploma from any spp colleges like George Brown, Fanshawe, Centennial, Humber or Seneca. All are good colleges.

If you are planning for a 3 yr work permit then go for a 2 year course, as there are not many out there. Except for Centennial , Fanshawe and Humber.

Choose your college carefully taking into consideration, course fees, course syllabus, imp of course in Canadian employment market, how expensive is the accommodation near by college (If you cannot afford On-campus accommodation ) and part time job availability near the college ( If you really require).

There are many factors that determine how early you get a job after your course.
I f you are confident enough that you will get a job after 1 year or course then go for 1 year course, as it is after 6 months of course you will get idea as in you really want to purse another program or not?
then go ahead and apply for again 1 year in some college so that you have secured your seat and automatically you will get a 3 year work permit after completion of work.

I would suggest go for a 1 + 1 diploma that will ensure a 3 year work permit. and also you will get exposure to 2 different subjects, (eg. PG dip in Int. Business Mgmt + 1 yr pg diploma in marketing or Project managemnt)

Choice is yours. Its better the courses are inter-linked so that you have hold over both the subjects.

Regards,

William
There were some changes last year. Some of these 1+1 are actually 16 months of school and not 2 years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wouldn’t recommend the MBA at VIU. Places like VIU, Canada West and others cater mainly to international students and many employers have never heard of them. The program is not well known and not considered a high quality MBA. If almost all others require a GMAT you have to wonder why a few programs don’t. There are never any guarantees a spouse can accompany an international student.

Your biggest issue will be getting a study permit not getting accepted to a school.
2013 posts