+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last name issue. Please help

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hi, my given name on passport is Gurman kaur. I don’t have any last name and surname. But on Wes report it is mentioned as kaur, gurman. I got the ITA. Anyone plz help what should I do now.

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Hey

My wife had the same situation in passport. Do not worry about it. You can add a letter of explanation if you like.
in the application for PR (post ITA), you can either put Gurman Kaur in both first name and last name. Or you can put a ‘.’ In last name.

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Hey

My wife had the same situation in passport. Do not worry about it. You can add a letter of explanation if you like.
in the application for PR (post ITA), you can either put Gurman Kaur in both first name and last name. Or you can put a ‘.’ In last name.
Let me know if you want to talk with her on phone and we can that.

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hey

Thank you.

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Thank you.
Hey

My passport name matches with my graduation certificates( gurman kaur) . It’s just Wes report mentioned my name kaur, gurman. I want to make sure it wouldn’t be a problem. Or I can modify my Wes report

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
My passport name matches with my graduation certificates( gurman kaur) . It’s just Wes report mentioned my name kaur, gurman. I want to make sure it wouldn’t be a problem. Or I can modify my Wes report
No this is no a problem. It’s common when you don’t have last name . As suggested this is not a big issue and CIC knows about that with last name issues on passport. You can include small letter of explanation and let them know that you about this . This have 0% affect on your application.

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
No this is no a problem. It’s common when you don’t have last name . As suggested this is not a big issue and CIC knows about that with last name issues on passport. You can include small letter of explanation and let them know that you about this . This have 0% affect on your application.
Thank you