+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

last name is incorrect ! Plz help !

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Hello my beautiful friends

So i'm sponsoring my husband and we have received a request for medical exam today ! the issue is that his last name was spelled wrong in all emails we have received so far and even in the actual medical exam form , this is so weird for me , I thought these people don't make mistakes but apparently they do !

So guys I called CIC and tried to explain but the agent I spoke with over the phone refused to provide any help saying that information can only be given to the applicant or his representittive , which I found so awkward ! is that really true ?! why they don't give information or help to the sponsor ?

so I asked that same agent to provide me with a phone number so that my husband can call but he didn't have a clue !

my husband is in Dubai he lives there and the only number they have on their website is for Canada only ! guys please does anyone know a number to call cic from outside Canada ? it's urgent because my husband needs to call ASAP since they only provide 30 days for the medical exam and we can't go ahead with a wrong spelling in the form !

Please Please guide us through this

big thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

So i'm sponsoring my husband and we have received a request for medical exam today ! the issue is that his last name was spelled wrong in all emails we have received so far and even in the actual medical exam form , this is so weird for me , I thought these people don't make mistakes but apparently they do !

So guys I called CIC and tried to explain but the agent I spoke with over the phone refused to provide any help saying that information can only be given to the applicant or his representittive , which I found so awkward ! is that really true ?! why they don't give information or help to the sponsor ?

so I asked that same agent to provide me with a phone number so that my husband can call but he didn't have a clue !

my husband is in Dubai he lives there and the only number they have on their website is for Canada only ! guys please does anyone know a number to call cic from outside Canada ? it's urgent because my husband needs to call ASAP since they only provide 30 days for the medical exam and we can't go ahead with a wrong spelling in the form !

big thank you
Hi

They cannot talk to you about your husband's application. Privacy law.

There is no number to call from outside of Canada. There are some threads on the forum about ways to get around that and call from outside, so you can have a search for those.

Send a Webform.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Hi

They cannot talk to you about your husband's application. Privacy law.

There is no number to call from outside of Canada. There are some threads on the forum about ways to get around that and call from outside, so you can have a search for those.

Send a Webform.
thank u for your reply
I will search for them
but what should I write in the search ? ways to call cic from outside Canada ? hhh ^^
I did send a webform but it can take long time and we only have 30 days to do medical
if there is no phone , is there any email address at least ???

thank u so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank u for your reply
I will search for them
but what should I write in the search ? ways to call cic from outside Canada ? hhh ^^
I did send a webform but it can take long time and we only have 30 days to do medical
if there is no phone , is there any email address at least ???

thank u so much
He can still do the medical. The medical is connected to the app by the Immigration Medical Exam number, not the name.

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM

big thank you

Hi,

I guess we are on the same boat. On my case, it is my first name that was misspelled. all the forms they sent me does not have my correct name. tried the webform but still no reply until now. I also called them and they told me that they will correct it within 10 days. i suggest you gotta try to call them again and hope to speak to another agent.

one more thing, check you application status too at the online tool because when I check my application on the online tool, it has the correct spelling of my name. but on the forms that they are sending me, it is incorrect. even in my medical request. bt they told me i can proceed on the medical exam too.

by the way, are you a may applicant too? what is your timeline?

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Hi,

I guess we are on the same boat. On my case, it is my first name that was misspelled. all the forms they sent me does not have my correct name. tried the webform but still no reply until now. I also called them and they told me that they will correct it within 10 days. i suggest you gotta try to call them again and hope to speak to another agent.

one more thing, check you application status too at the online tool because when I check my application on the online tool, it has the correct spelling of my name. but on the forms that they are sending me, it is incorrect. even in my medical request. bt they told me i can proceed on the medical exam too.

by the way, are you a may applicant too? what is your timeline?
Oh thank you so much for your reply ! it's really frustrating ! I don't understand the point of having a call center and not answering people questions and concerns ! it's complicated to contact them I don't know why !

we did check the online tool and the same mistake is there too so i'm not sure what to do next !
did u call them from inside Canada ?
I found the whole thing so unrealistic ! i'm the sponsor and i'm calling to inform them about a mistake they did , How is that related to privacy ? I don't get it hhhh ^^

do u think that we can go ahead with the medical exam with the spelling mistake ?

they received our application May3/2018 and started to process it Jun12/2018
and today Jun18/2018 my husband received the medical exam form

thank u so much for sharing ! it means a lot for someone who is lost !

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
He can still do the medical. The medical is connected to the app by the Immigration Medical Exam number, not the name.
Oh I see !
so what does it mean when an applicant receive a medical exam form ? I was under the impression that they have to approve me as a sponsor first but I don't seem to understand the sequence here ! so by receiving a medical request it means that I have been approved as a sponsor ?

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Oh thank you so much for your reply ! it's really frustrating ! I don't understand the point of having a call center and not answering people questions and concerns ! it's complicated to contact them I don't know why !

we did check the online tool and the same mistake is there too so i'm not sure what to do next !
did u call them from inside Canada ?
I found the whole thing so unrealistic ! i'm the sponsor and i'm calling to inform them about a mistake they did , How is that related to privacy ? I don't get it hhhh ^^

do u think that we can go ahead with the medical exam with the spelling mistake ?

they received our application May3/2018 and started to process it Jun12/2018
and today Jun18/2018 my husband received the medical exam form

thank u so much for sharing ! it means a lot for someone who is lost !

I guess we have the same VO. Haha, ours is may 4 then june 18 medical request.

by the way, I'm from outside canada so it is my wife(the sponsor who called) maybe you can tell them that you are applying on a family sponsorship that is why the applicant can't call them.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
I guess we have the same VO. Haha, ours is may 4 then june 18 medical request.

by the way, I'm from outside canada so it is my wife(the sponsor who called) maybe you can tell them that you are applying on a family sponsorship that is why the applicant can't call them.
Oh I will surely call them again and try to approach the agent differently hhhh
so would u go ahead with ur medical despite the spelling issue ?

my husband and I are getting people opinions so that we don't feel lonely ^^

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh I see !
so what does it mean when an applicant receive a medical exam form ? I was under the impression that they have to approve me as a sponsor first but I don't seem to understand the sequence here ! so by receiving a medical request it means that I have been approved as a sponsor ?
The medical request can come at any point.

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Oh I will surely call them again and try to approach the agent differently hhhh
so would u go ahead with ur medical despite the spelling issue ?

my husband and I are getting people opinions so that we don't feel lonely ^^
yep. asked them too if i can proceed to medical. they told my wife that i can go.