+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last Name Change of Spouse after marriage

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Hi,

My wife has all educational documents on her maiden name and she has passport with the name after marriage.

I am planning to apply ECA from WES for Canada Immigration.

Which name I need to use maiden name which is on educational documents or I can have ECA wtih passport name (Last Name change.)

Anyone have come across the same situation

Guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hi,

My wife has all educational documents on her maiden name and she has passport with the name after marriage.

I am planning to apply ECA from WES for Canada Immigration.

Which name I need to use maiden name which is on educational documents or I can have ECA wtih passport name (Last Name change.)

Anyone have come across the same situation

Guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.
I have the same situation. Both last names are shown in my ECA report: Current one after marriage and, between parentesis, my maiden last name.

It is important to submit proof of name change (Example: with the marriage certificate). When I registered my application with WES, I used my current name (as it appears in my passport) but I sent them proof of the change, since my educational docs have my maiden last name.

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
I have the same situation. Both last names are shown in my ECA report: Current one after marriage and, between parentesis, my maiden last name.

It is important to submit proof of name change (Example: with the marriage certificate). When I registered my application with WES, I used my current name (as it appears in my passport) but I sent them proof of the change, since my educational docs have my maiden last name.
Would you please let me know where we need to Put both name while doing ECA ?

Please Guide me to submit ECA Application for this case.

Thanks in Advance.

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Would you please let me know where we need to Put both name while doing ECA ?

Please Guide me to submit ECA Application for this case.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi,

In the WES requested form, there is a field for previous name. You have to write there the maiden name, and attach as proof of the change the marriage certificate.

In my case, the academic records were issued by the University with my maiden name but since I submitted also the marriage certificate, I didn´t have problem with that. WES certificate detailed both names, current one after marriage and between parentesis they wrote my maiden last name.

https://www.wes.org/required-documents/