+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last minute questions - Please help

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Do you have proof of having been refused a letter with your job duties ? You will have to substantiate that.
No I don't, the have verbally refused and if I ask them any more questions, I can loose my job. I work in a small department and its only me and my boss. So cannot ask anyone to sign any document for me either.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
That's very unfair. You work in India ?
In this case, I would suggest you write an affidavit explaining the situation and have it notarized.
I hope you get your PR and you won't have to deal with them anymore.

Reactions: djangoboy

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
In this case, I would suggest you write an affidavit explaining the situation and have it notarized.
No in dubai. Yeah i know its really bad. Okay should i write a separate letter or just get the LOE notarized? Because i am already explaining the situation in the LOE.

Also, should i attach my bank statements? Do i need a letter for the same?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
No in dubai. Yeah i know its really bad. Okay should i write a separate letter or just get the LOE notarized? Because i am already explaining the situation in the LOE.

Also, should i attach my bank statements? Do i need a letter for the same?
I would advise you to write a separate letter, title it "affidavit". Have it notarized, even if you're providing the same information in your LOE.

Yes, do provide the statements and any documents related to your work even though the statements aren't proof of your job duties. It's always better to provide more docs than less.

If you were not to factor your job experience for this job, would you still have enough points ?

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
I would advise you to write a separate letter, title it "affidavit". Have it notarized, even if you're providing the same information in your LOE.

Yes, do provide the statements and any documents related to your work even though the statements aren't proof of your job duties. It's always better to provide more docs than less.

If you were not to factor your job experience for this job, would you still have enough points ?
Okay I will do that.
Sorry to repeat, but do I then need to provide a full letter from the bank as well? Like in the format they require for POF?

I have 2.7 years experience with my previous employer that would make my score 428 and with more than 3 years of experience my points are 453.

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
No. But statements have to be in English or French.
Hey, my husband is having a similar situation with his current employer (no proper reference letter). However, we are not getting any additional points for his work experience. He has a proper letter from my previous employer for 5.1 years.

Do you think its best to remove his current employment details from the work history and just put it in the personal history section?

Note that we had put it in his work history section when we entered the express entry pool and he is the spouse applicant.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018

I've done the same guys my employer refused to provide me the reference letter. I've got the email from my HR stating that it is impossible to provide a reference letter for an employee who is currently working in the organization and I've made out a self attested reference letter from the notary public and I have 10 other documents to support my claim.

I hope this will help cic Canada and you

Reactions: Aman6591

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I've done the same guys my employer refused to provide me the reference letter. I've got the email from my HR stating that it is impossible to provide a reference letter for an employee who is currently working in the organization and I've made out a self attested reference letter from the notary public and I have 10 other documents to support my claim.

I hope this will help cic Canada and you
Well done. You should be good.